Hard Disk Monitor is a freeware disk utility that checks and monitors the status of your hard drives to help prevent data loss. The system is based on the Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T).
This software utility monitors the HDD SMART status.
For example: hard disk parameters such as Temperature, Head Flying Height and Spin-Up Time to notifies a user if critical conditions occur. Disk Monitor also displays hard disk drive information, current S.M.A.R.T. attributes and the overall status of the hard disk’s health.
Advanced disk scan allows you to detect bad sectors on a disk’s surface. The software can be launched automatically at Windows startup and monitor the system in the background. An icon in the System Tray can display the temperature for selected HDD(s).
* Hard Disk performance monitoring and control
* Based on Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (or S.M.A.R.T.)
* Able to scan and display bad sectors on a disk’s surface.
* Displays current S.M.A.R.T. attributes
* Can be launched automatically at Windows startup and monitor the HDD(s) in the background
* Provides standard hard disk information such as Serial/Model Number, Number of cylinders, and so on.
* Sends an email or a popup notification automatically if critical conditions appear.
* Includes System Tray icon temperature status
* Can generate event log and S.M.A.R.T reports
* The software has an easy to use user interface