UBCD4Win Forums: Easy question... (cosmetic) - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easy question... (cosmetic) CD label for UBCD4Win?

#1 User is offline   jdhaugen Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Donators

Post icon  Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:25 PM

Have any artistic persons created a CD label for UBCD4Win? I guess the label for the mail out CD would be fine (if it meets M$ naming criteria).

I would prefer jpg format if available, or something recognized by Irfanview. I'm using exPressit v. 2.1 software to print it.

Thanks, and please excuse if there already is one posted that I didn't see.

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has really talked about this subject. If I find some time, I may be able to put something together, though I'm not the best artist, but I can still make something. It will not be version specific though, since that will make it easier for the most of us who use CD-RWs for this CD and all of the updating and whatnot. If anyone else has time and has had much experience in graphics, please feel free to respond. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   jdhaugen Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Donators

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:23 PM

Before anyone goes to any trouble over this, I have just noticed that the site banner from the main site makes a great CD label, and, of course, has the agreed M$ naming convention, too.

But other original designs would befit a project of this stature also...

#4 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Admin

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:05 PM

Yes, the new site banner/graphic makes a nice label. That is what I actually use for the CD's that are ordered from me. It doesn't fit all the words properly but it still looks pretty nice. I also use exPressit, all you have to do is save the image file from the site. Import the image. Then right click it and pick "Fit to...", you then click on one of the labels. It looks even better if you use the 3in1 labels, then you have full CD coverage and you are only missing a little bit of the "M" in Ultimate. I am not an artist at all so I've pretty much been stuck with that method since the project started.
          "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users