Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ISO Too Big for CD ISO Too Big for CD

#1 User is offline   keithfrench Icon

• PipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

I have built UBCD4WIN V 3.13 with the NForce All plugin (having disabled the NForce drivers included in the build), used the plugin for Paragon Hard Disk Manager as I have a license for it, plus the updated virus definitions. However, the ISO cannot be burnt to a 700M CD/RW as it is too big. I have tried to burn it to a DVD, but Nero won't let me as it is an ISO for a CD.

Any ideas?

Keith French.

#2 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

DVD works perfectly, forget about NERO.

http://www.imgburn.com
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#3 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

View Posthilander999, on Apr 29 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

DVD works perfectly, forget about NERO.

http://www.imgburn.com

Nero works fine, and if they already have it installed, why install something else? No need to bash it if you don't understand it.

Are you using Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express? I think either one will work as long as you do it correctly and choose DVD instead of CD. I use Nero all the time without issue. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
        "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
        "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
        "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
        "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
        "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#4 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

No need to bash it if you don't understand it.
          Only you would read my responce as a bash against NERO.

Yes I understand NERO very well, used it for years, still use it for audoi cd's, but IMGBURN is far better for the task at hand then any other burning application ever written.
          Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#5 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:37 AM

View Posthilander999, on Apr 30 2008, 01:04 AM, said:

but IMGBURN is far better for the task at hand then any other burning application ever written.

I always use nero, and i never had any problems!
            Writing ubcd4win to dvd with nero works also fine!

Joshua
            my plugin homepage:
            <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#6 User is offline   muledoggie Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

View Postkeithfrench, on Apr 29 2008, 03:11 PM, said:

I have built UBCD4WIN V 3.13 with the NForce All plugin (having disabled the NForce drivers included in the build), used the plugin for Paragon Hard Disk Manager as I have a license for it, plus the updated virus definitions. However, the ISO cannot be burnt to a 700M CD/RW as it is too big. I have tried to burn it to a DVD, but Nero won't let me as it is an ISO for a CD.

Any ideas?

Keith French.

Some replies here say to burn to DVD, but I need to burn to CD. I have some machines without DVD drives still that I need to repair w/UBCD4win.

How have others reduced the size?

FYI, I have 800MB CDs, but don't own a program that supports overburning. Don't want Nero. Too expensive, confusing, and poor user interface. Any free burning packages with overburn support?

Jeff

This post has been edited by muledoggie: 12 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

#7 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
              • PipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: BETA Tester
                • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

NERO is a fine application. I used it from version 4 till about 7. Then I found IMGBurn and I have not installed NERO in as long.

As for your perdicament... Rebuild your disk without as many apps. This is the only solution for your issue. If DVD is not there, then you can't use it. 800MB CD's are bastard step children gone the way of 2 inch floppies (yes they existed). Overburn is only good for a small amount over the size of a disk. Plus, in order to do overburn, you MUST have CD's that do it IN ADDITION to a drive that can handle it. If no drive, then you WILL ruin yours if it can not handle it. Some say they can't but can. Unless you want to brick your drive, don't do overburn.

If you do use overburn and you are ABSOLUTELY sure that it will not brick your drive, then use IMGBurn. It is free and the BEST burning app out there and at only about 2MB's in downloaded size, very powerful.
                \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
                BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
                It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
                You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#8 User is offline   richard612 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

I, too, had this problem. The builder is making ISO's that are too large to fit on a CD. Nero won't burn the ISO to a DVD as it thinks the ISO is meant for a CD.

Is there a way to tell mkisofs to make a DVD-style ISO instead?

#9 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

Nero won't burn the ISO to a DVD as it thinks the ISO is meant for a CD.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/...o...ost&p=59702
                    If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#10 User is offline   richard612 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

View Postpcuser, on May 13 2009, 01:11 PM, said:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/...o...ost&p=59702

I'm not switching burning apps. Any other ideas?

#11 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

I'm not switching burning apps. Any other ideas?

WTF??? You can click on %UBCD4Win%\plugin\CDBurning\ImgBurn\files\ImgBurn.exe but you won't??? I don't understand :bash:
                        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#12 User is offline   cdob Icon

• Special Guest
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

View Postrichard612, on May 13 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

No, because there is neither a CD-style ISO nor DVD-style ISO.
                          Burn a small ISO file to CD or DVD. Burn a big ISO file to DVD.

There is no ISO size limitation, there is a broken burn application.

#13 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

View Postrichard612, on May 13 2009, 01:54 PM, said:

I, too, had this problem. The builder is making ISO's that are too large to fit on a CD. Nero won't burn the ISO to a DVD as it thinks the ISO is meant for a CD.

Sure it does, I use Nero all the time and have burned plenty of DVDs and BluRays from ISO files. How are you trying to burn the image?

:)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users