UBCD4Win Forums: Problem detecting Compaq SmartArray volumes - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem detecting Compaq SmartArray volumes Compaq SmartArray Controllers w/ UBCD4win

#1 User is offline   ahdoi Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

I tried building an XP SP3 UBCD and a Windows Server 2003 UBCD but no matter what I try, UBCD won't ever detect my Compaq SmartArray volumes. I've got two servers, a Compaq Proliant DL360 and an HP Proliant DL360 G4P. The Compaq uses an integrated Compaq SmartArray Controller while the other uses a SmartArray 6i Controller.

I even tried downloading the drivers onto a floppy but UBCD still won't recognize the drives.

Can someone please help??

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

The UBCD4Win (UBCD is a completely different project) contains the BTS mass storage driver pack, or at least a little older version of it. Mostly, all of the drivers are for XP, not server 2003 (as far as I know), so you may have issues when building the CD using a Server 2003 CD. Using an XP SP3 CD is still NOT recommended as XP3 is still new and may cause problems. Using an XP SP2 CD should be just fine. If it doesn't recognize the drive, try using the latest BTS Mass Storage driver pack, OR you can add the drivers yourself to the drivers folder. Search the forums for help there... :)

This post has been edited by LittlBUGer: 16 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   ahdoi Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

Thanks! The BTS Mass Storage drivers worked!

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users