Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No drivers for DELL How to get Dell Drivers

#1 User is offline   dougham Icon

• PipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

When I boot a Dell desktop using a CD I created with a standard Windows XP CD, the display is only basic - about 8 colors.
    Also, even though I plug a flash drive in before booting, the drive isn't recognised. How can I add Dell drivers to my UBCD4WIN folder so that I can rebuild a CD that works on DELL?

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

I'm assuming the Dell PC in question is using the on-board Intel video that is fully craptastic? If that's the case, it's nothing to do with Dell in general, just any on-board Intel video, which suck. I'm not sure what you can do other than going into the BIOS and making sure the Video RAM is set to at least 8 MB and then trying to boot from the CD again.

As for the other question, which flash USB drive are you plugging in? Thanks.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   dougham Icon

• PipPip

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:13 AM

The Pretec USB flash drive wasn't recognised, nor was a western digital hard drive in an external USB case.

#4 User is offline   cdob Icon

• Special Guest
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

Which Dell do you use?

There are strange Dell machines. And there are more strange Dell machines.
          Sometimes only some USB ports are active early at boot. Try all USB ports.

#5 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
          • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:19 AM

Hi dougham

Remember hot plug does not work with standard version BartPE
            plugin USB devices before switching on

With Some Dells you can turn off front or rear USB ports in BIOS

make sure nothing is plugged into adjacent socket in pair of usb port
            as under BartPE ports may overload with two devices plugged in adjacent pair of ports but may work under real XP or Vista

regards
            Mike Barnes

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users