• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UBD Manual New User Guide

#1 User is offline   archp2008 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a user guide or manual for use after creation of the UBD? I have created several Bart PE recovery disks in recent months but I am at a bit of a loss when I might use these type of boot disks in preference to the XP recovery mode or repair mode from the XP CD. All my PE recovery disks have remained filed away in a binder or on the shelf more or less ever since. When I do try to use one, I generally have problems. I downloaded and burned this one hoping to use it to analyse the possible causes of my current slow shutdown and intermittent slow bootup (IDE HDD drive detection delays). I forgot to bookmark the page that explained how to use it to analyze shutdown problems. Thank you in advance for any comments.

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

Not really any manuals, though there's a nifty help file. The UBCD4Win just has a bunch of system diagnostic tools to help you with PC problems. Each of these tools may have a manual in of itself, but we don't have a full blown manual ourselves. Try looking at the list of tools and the FAQ from the main page: http://www.ubcd4win.com :)

If you meant the UBCD ( http://www.ultimatebootcd.com ) then that's a completely different project. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users