UBCD4Win Forums: Can I transfer files to an external HD via USB? - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can I transfer files to an external HD via USB?

#1 User is offline   WesTnine9 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Validating

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:15 PM

Can I transfer files to an external HD via USB?
    I know I can do it with a flash drive that requires no drivers but what about an external HD?
    Can I install the drivers while in UBCD?

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

An external HD via USB acts the same as a flash drive via USB. Just make sure it's plugged in before booting to the CD. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   WesTnine9 Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Validating

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:13 AM

View PostLittlBUGer, on May 26 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

An external HD via USB acts the same as a flash drive via USB. Just make sure it's plugged in before booting to the CD. :)

Really!? I thought drivers would be required,
        Thanks

#4 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

View PostWesTnine9, on May 26 2008, 12:13 AM, said:

View PostLittlBUGer, on May 26 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

Really!? I thought drivers would be required,
          Thanks

The CD already contains default USB drivers. For most USB keys and HDs, that's enough. Usually, if any HD or key comes with drivers, it's for special cases, such as working in Windows 98 or for special software purposes. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users