Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warning Suggestion

#1 User is offline   Soapm Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

I just spent a good amount of time getting this to compile on a CD I could burn. It was good to tinker and overcome and I appreciate this SUPER application so these are in no way a complaints.

1. The first thing I thought when I saw all the goodies was to throw them all in the DISC. What the heck, the more weapons the better I look. What I learned is if you do this your DISC will be too large to burn on a CD. I would suggest something like;

"Only adjust default options if necessary when burning to CD. Your file may too large to burn."

2. Now that I had messed up the defaults I noticed something strange if you just turn the plug in's "Enabled" flag to NO. It seems to cause me errors when I did this. What ever application I turned to no seem to end up as an error unless I used the remove buttom and removed it completely from the plug in's. I would like to see clarity on dealing with this task.

3. I noticed it is not enough to just enable some of the features, you have to also hit edit and modify the file somehow. I think??? If this is the case I would like to see more clarity in this area also.

I guess this means keeping a basic set of instructions then a set of advanced instruction for once you get a good disc and want to go to the your personal limits... Great application guys!!!

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

View PostSoapm, on May 26 2008, 03:02 PM, said:

I just spent a good amount of time getting this to compile on a CD I could burn. It was good to tinker and overcome and I appreciate this SUPER application so these are in no way a complaints.

1. The first thing I thought when I saw all the goodies was to throw them all in the DISC. What the heck, the more weapons the better I look. What I learned is if you do this your DISC will be too large to burn on a CD. I would suggest something like;

"Only adjust default options if necessary when burning to CD. Your file may too large to burn."

2. Now that I had messed up the defaults I noticed something strange if you just turn the plug in's "Enabled" flag to NO. It seems to cause me errors when I did this. What ever application I turned to no seem to end up as an error unless I used the remove buttom and removed it completely from the plug in's. I would like to see clarity on dealing with this task.

3. I noticed it is not enough to just enable some of the features, you have to also hit edit and modify the file somehow. I think??? If this is the case I would like to see more clarity in this area also.

I guess this means keeping a basic set of instructions then a set of advanced instruction for once you get a good disc and want to go to the your personal limits... Great application guys!!!

1.) Most people know this as even the default build is already around 550MB or so. Turning on some of the 'off' plugins and such, or adding more will just increase the size.
      2.) Not sure what you mean here, as for all non-important (such as "core" files and such) plugins, you can just disable them fine and all will work. Do you mean for newly added plugins?
      3.) For some of the plugins that aren't enabled (and some that are), when you enable them, you also have to run through a general config of them. This is usually stated next to each plugin so you know that it requires to be enabled AND configurated.

:)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users