• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows Server 2008 Support for Testing UBC on Server 2008

#16 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

View PostNuno Brito, on Jun 2 2008, 12:53 PM, said:

Good luck then.

My tests are done on a AMD Turion x64 Vista desktop using a x32 NT6 source.

For some reason there's the belief that x64 windows sources are not supported for building boot disks, let's see if you can prove otherwise.

:)

For the UBCD4Win, I know it's absolutely true that I can't build it on my XP x64 machine using XP x64 as the source. I have to use XP x32 as the the source and then it can run just fine on the x64 machine. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

• (2 Pages)
    • +
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users