Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help Installing Vista Need help installing vista pls

#1 User is offline   thehype2049 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:58 AM

Hey guys, first of all great software, amazing really very useful. Now ill get to my problem. I never used UBCD before so im not familar with it. Here is my problem. I have a lenovo thinkpad with sata hd and the hard drive have 2 partitions of xp and vista. I tried to delete the xp parition but in the process corruped everything and i had no way of recovering it (trust me i know computers pretty well.) So i cleaned the hard drive and wiped it. Now i have an external hd where i backed up everything i need includeing an ISO image of windows vista.

i want to install the windows vosta from iso (from external usb hd) to my laptop's hard drive. I dont know what program to use from the ultimate boot cd. The only resource i have is the UBCD. I cant burn the iso what so ever for reasons id rather not explain.

So i want to install vista onto the laptop from and image from the external hard drive. I dont know how i should do with with UBCD. Can any1 help me pls. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   masterchi Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:15 AM

UBCD or UBCD4Windows? How did you create the ISO file? Are you even able to boot to a CD since you did mention you can't burn to one?

#3 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

I have a great suggestion. If you bought Vista, take it back and get your money back. If it just came on your PC, then delete that POS .iso file. Go out and buy XP (if you don't already have it) and install that from CD instead. All problems solved. ;)

This post has been edited by SteelTrepid: 02 June 2008 - 11:06 AM
        Reason for edit:: suggestion is stupid

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
        "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
        "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
        "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
        "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
        "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#4 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Admin

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

I don't know how you can call that a great suggestion? I find it really stupid actually!
          "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#5 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

I'd knew I'd get someone all riled up. ;)

@thehype2049

We are just messing around. Some of us, like me, realize Vista is a big POS and thus don't use or recommend it. Others who haven't been enlightened, like SteelTrepid, actually like and prefer Vista. So we quarrel over Vista vs XP from time to time. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users