Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Final Farewell If anyone cares... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

Well, it seems many things are changing for me. First, I did something that I thought I never would have, and second, I now give my final farewell to the UBCD4Win community. The key members of the project already know this, if they even read their PMs from me anymore, but I thought I'd let everyone else know as I have other friends out there.

I started out here just wanting to help by mirroring the download file, way back when the project was only a couple months old. I then became a key part of the project, helping it's development and becoming friends with the owner, Steel, and others. I then also became much interested in creating a unique driver pack, just for the UBCD4Win and maintaining that along with helping others in the forum and the BartPE community in general.

Over the years, my part in being involved with the project, other than just on the forums, has dwindled to almost nothing. I barely keep up on the drivers pack, which is now just limited to network drivers only, and most of the time, all of the new key members of the project help with all questions made on the forums before I even have a chance to read them. I've thus somewhat lost touch with the UBCD4Win, other than still maintaining my original request, which is to mirror the download whenever a new version is available.

Obviously, without these new key people here, developers, programmers, and the like, the project wouldn't be what it is today, and I thank them greatly for their support and time spent. But those who I used to talk to a lot, those who I called friends, are not so much anymore, and mainly because of some wrong I've done to them in the past. It made me lose my Mod status, among other things, and I've always felt ashamed and at the same time disappointed, as I never wanted it to be like it is now. Up until a few days ago, I thought most of that stuff was in the past and that we could move on, but it seems I was wrong. And now, it seems there's no going back and no way to fix things and make them right.

But that's not the whole point of my leave here and I'm not here to do any further wrong. My life is just changing, time is becoming much more limited, and for me, it's just time to move on to other things. I feel sad for my decision and for how everything has ultimately turned out, but it is my decision and it must be done, and hopefully in my absence, there wont be any more worries about me being here and what I'll do next.

I thank everyone here for your support and kindness and only wish the best for the community and the project as a whole. Who knows, maybe I'll see some of you around. :)

Farewell

LittlBUGer

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

Good luck with your future endeavors and I hope you made a bunch of money with your merger!!

Your past help with UBCD4Win has and always will be appreciated and remembered. Everyone that has helped does hold a special spot in my heart and on occasions I do think back and reminisce about all the great times and the early days of UBCD4Win. A lot of things have changed in these 4 years, mostly good but of course some bad things do happen on occasion. In all honesty I have had a hard time over the past several months with time management also. It's great to help people for free but it doesn't pay your bills!! It doesn't help when people seem to expect so much for free and demand immediate support from volunteers??!!? I love UBCD4Win but sometimes I have to focus on my job because that is what pays the bills.
      Anyways, good luck and take care man. Please stop in and visit on occasion to see what is going on, just try to make serious posts if you ever do again in the future. ;)
      "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#3 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator
        • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

I hope that things work out for you and good luck in the future it will be a shame not to have you around.
        RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#4 User is offline   Nuno Brito Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

It's sad to hear someone I know for so long to say farewell but I also hope that this opens a bright new chapter for you and maybe lead to a more important step in life where you find yourself happy once again.

You've also provided me with good hosting conditions when I was having trouble to find a decent place where to keep my files some years ago and I'm taking this chance to say thank you.

I wish you the best of luck with your goals and projects in life.

be well my friend.. :)
          Use the search tool to find all posts made by other members and help you solve any doubts quickly by yourself.
          Whenever possible - place your questions including as many details as you can to help us help you - Thanks!

nuno? --> pics

#5 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
          • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

Sorry to see you go Littl, and I hope all works out well for you..

#6 User is offline   mr. magombo Icon

• PipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

Happy trails.

I'm new here but I buy Antec PS's on your recommendation and appreciated your input.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users