UBCD4Win Forums: Everything boots fine then I get error: Prelogon - File not found - UBCD4Win Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Everything boots fine then I get error: Prelogon - File not found What is Prelogon and why is it not being found?

#31 User is offline   wborrelli Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

View PostFisch.666, on 18 January 2010 - 12:51 AM, said:

Hi!

I had the same problem with a usb stick installation, created with ubcd4win 3.50 and ubusb 1.0.46 on a Windows 7 Pro (64bit) installation.

After copying the R000000000001.clb from my win 7 installation to the usb stick, everything works now. Thanks for this hint!!! :)

Worked for me as well.

Created a Registration folder on my USB stick, and then copied the R000000000001.clb file from c:\windows\Registration to the memory stick. Restarted, and got past the error.

#32 User is offline   julemik Icon

• Pip

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

View Postpcuser, on 01 November 2009 - 01:42 PM, said:

1.0.46 is the latest version. You're using 1.0.46 and still get "Prelogon - File not found"?

Resolved just as above... copied all contents of Vista's C:/Windows/Registration/* to the USB's empty Registration folder.

This post has been edited by julemik: 31 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

#33 User is offline   robroy Icon

• Pip

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

View Postpcuser, on 30 October 2009 - 09:18 PM, said:

An easier solution would be to use the latest UBUSB as the "Prelogon - File not found" problem has already beed addressed.

Really?? I can't seem to find any info about it in this forum or on Google, what exactly is the issue or do you have a link to articles discussing this? PEtoUSB has been a total waste of my time when it comes to this UBCD4Win, but in its defense, I was trying to do it under Win7 so there could be some serious compatibility issues there. BartPE with the PE2USB.cmd has been the easiest (working) solution for me so far, but I wanted some more options and thought I could get that with a UBCD4Win. Right now I am rebuilding in XP sp3 and using the linked app you posted, hopefully I will not get that stupid f%*&en "File Not Found Error" this time around b/c I have been beta'ing this $(*#& for too long today :)!!

Thanks for the link.

#34 User is offline   CapnDoody Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:31 PM

View Postpcuser, on 01 November 2009 - 05:42 PM, said:

1.0.46 is the latest version. You're using 1.0.46 and still get "Prelogon - File not found"?

I tried compiling on Win 7 Machine, and using version 1.0.46 of UBUSB to make a USB stick bootable and still get the" Prelogon - File not found" error. I am trying now to compile on an XP machine, copy the BootPe folder to my Win7 machine and use UBUSB to figure out if compiling is the issue, or UBUSB is the issue.

Any additional advice?

#35 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

Any additional advice?

Yes. Does a C:\Windows\Registration folder exist on your computer? Make a Registration folder in the minint folder on your usb drive and copy the contents of c:\windows\registration to it. Did that solve the problem?
            If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#36 User is offline   CapnDoody Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

View PostCapnDoody, on 12 February 2010 - 02:31 PM, said:

View Postpcuser, on 01 November 2009 - 05:42 PM, said:

I tried compiling on Win 7 Machine, and using version 1.0.46 of UBUSB to make a USB stick bootable and still get the" Prelogon - File not found" error. I am trying now to compile on an XP machine, copy the BootPe folder to my Win7 machine and use UBUSB to figure out if compiling is the issue, or UBUSB is the issue.

Any additional advice?

Ok i have confirmed that Compiling on a XP machine, then coping the BartPE folder to a Win7 machine, and using UBUSB to create the pen-drive works successfulling using v1.0.46

Not to beat a dead horse because this works just fine, but any way to fix the compile issue?

#37 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

Not to beat a dead horse because this works just fine, but any way to fix the compile issue?

Please read my previous reply. I've been unable to reproduce this error so far and can only fix it if you test and report your results (read: don't just find a workaround and then head for the hills).
                If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#38 User is offline   r-hammer Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

Just solved this Prelogon issue by copying R000000000001.clb. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. Thank you guy who figured out this workaround!
                  Can't tell if latest version of UBUSB helps. I used WinSetupFromUSB tool (it has special option for UBCD4Win) instead.
                  Spent nearly 2 days to make UBCD4Win boot from USB, finally it works :)

#39 User is offline   apfan Icon

• Pip

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

Weeellll... Built and made USB on XP. Still gets the "Prelogon - File not found".
                    I'm running EEEXP, maybe that's my problem???

(XPProSP3, UBCD4win 3.60, Builder 3.1.10a, UBUSB 1.0.51)

This post has been edited by apfan: 22 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

#40 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

Most likely...

#41 User is offline   apfan Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

View Postpcuser, on 23 July 2010 - 12:23 AM, said:

Most likely...

Yeah, installed VirtualBox and then installed another (bigger) XP version inside the VirtualBox and built the USB drive from there.
                        Now it works completely.

But it would be nice to get the EEEXP version running since it boots from usb much faster (about 300MB).

#42 User is offline   aikon Icon

• Pip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

Doesn't seem like you're getting much feedback for this so I've registered to let you know my experience with this.
                          I had the same issue while building the image with windows7. I did not use UBUSB, I instead used the latest version of UBCD4WIN to build the project then used WinSetupFromUSB to create an XP/7 Install/UBCD4WIN/UBCD/Ubuntu USB Stick. I'm not sure if the procedure it uses to copy it to the USB is the same as what UBUSB uses but I think it would be more likely be caused by the building stage while in vista/7 than the method used to copy it to USB, but I could be wrong. I could burn a CD from my build to confirm, but I don't have any blanks available at the moment. pcuser, if you would like me to test, I can pick some up tomorrow and check.

Anyways, to the meat of the story, I'd like to confirm that copying R000000000001.clb from Windows7 to the USB solved this issue for me. Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you would like me to test on this issue.
                          Thank you all very much for the help, and a huge thanks to the devs for such an awesome tool!

This post has been edited by aikon: 14 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

• (3 Pages)
                          • +
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users