• You cannot reply to this topic

Crossover Office Pro for Free

#1 User is offline   Jotnar Icon

• Ultimate Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

For the Linux/Mac users among us.

On Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008, any one visiting the CodeWeavers' Web site (www.codeweavers.com) will be given a deal code that will entitle them to one free copy of CodeWeavers' award-winning CrossOver software. Each copy comes complete with support.

Cheers

#2 User is offline   Nuno Brito Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:05 AM

WINE already runs Office 2003 out of of the box for free since some time ago.. :crazyhappy:

Personally, in linux or whichever OS is used, I've began using Open Office and recommend it to more people because even thought it can't obviously be as good as MS Office, at least the price tag is just about right - free of charge and I hope future versions only get better as more people use them.

Even 2007 is supported thought it will require some extra manual work - http://appdb.winehq....iVersionId=4992

:)
      Use the search tool to find all posts made by other members and help you solve any doubts quickly by yourself.
      Whenever possible - place your questions including as many details as you can to help us help you - Thanks!

nuno? --> pics

#3 User is offline   Jotnar Icon

• Ultimate Member
      • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

I downloaded it for my mac. OpenOffice on a mac is still a bloaty slow affair even though its native now instead of requiring X11.

Ironically enough I actually prefer (Novell) OpenOffice on Windows to (Novell) OpenOffice on Linux. It seems much faster for some reason even on similar hardware.

Cheers

#4 User is offline   Nuno Brito Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

Install the latest version of Java on your machine and then select it as default for using with OpenOffice.

After doing this simple step it seriously changed the speed performance on either XP or Linux machines.

:)
          Use the search tool to find all posts made by other members and help you solve any doubts quickly by yourself.
          Whenever possible - place your questions including as many details as you can to help us help you - Thanks!

nuno? --> pics

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users