• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So who will win the US election? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   pumpkin Icon

• Don't forget your wives!!!!
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

Give the guy a chance first. Yes I like Obama and I think he will do great things for the USA. Sorry Ben.
    Just a cow

#17 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator
      • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

View PostSteelTrepid, on Nov 5 2008, 03:04 AM, said:

This is quite ugly now.
      I'm getting a generator, canned food, and stock piling other needed items. We will need them within the next few years. You'll see in a few years, you think it's ugly now with Republicans.....I guarantee things will get worse with the Dem's in the office.
      Now I need a plan to get out of this damn hippy state.
      Now, to just save some money.....sell the house....and maybe go to Texas? That's a pretty safe state? Dunno, need a good Republican state.

Very sensible debt deflation appears be heading to every G7/8 nation.

Stocking up on tinned food is advisable.

How long do you reckon before an assignation attempt? I assume the extreme far right lunatics in the US aren't too happy.
      RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#18 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
        • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

View Poststidyup, on Nov 6 2008, 11:02 AM, said:

How long do you reckon before an assignation attempt? I assume the extreme far right lunatics in the US aren't too happy.

I've wondered the same thing. Could you imagine how damaging that could be though? I would imagine riots throughout the US if something like that happened. The global view would be horrible, the US citizens and the world would think the US is racist.
        It would all be too horrible to imagine.

One thing to wonder about too is if this could possibly shadow his presidency? Could his 4 years be bothered with assassination attempts during the entire term? I don't think and really hope there aren't that many nut jobs in the US!

I really just hope all this crap goes away. It doesn't really matter, just let the guy do his thing. At the end of 4 years all the Democratic policies will fail and we will be the same if not worse. Then we can all say I told you so and hopefully everyone will just see the Democratic party as a bunch of hippy nut jobs and not say it failed because he is African American.
        However, he is "setup" similar to Clinton. The Persian Gulf War had us in a deficit and the economy wasn't that great. The economy was ready for a rebound and it was going to happen no matter who was in office. Same now, we are in crap.....it can't get any worse can it?

So in all honesty, I think things will turn around. At the end of 4 years Obama will look like a good president. The stupid American public will think his policy changes and whatever worked but in reality he was voted in at a time when things could only get better. He'll probably get reelected and after 8 years of Democratic power we will have bigger problems than what we do now. Hopefully America will educate themselves and then realize again that the hippie crap doesn't work and then a Republican will have to come in and clean it all up.
        Although, my AntiChrist thing could be correct too? Then nothing will matter.
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#19 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
          • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

http://www.express.c...the-White-House

A MILITARY-style operation to keep Barack Obama alive was under way yesterday within hours of his victory.

Even as the US President-elect celebrated with more than 160,000 supporters in Grant Park, Chicago, he did so from behind bullet-proof glass 12ft high and 3ins thick.

Mr Obama, wife Michelle, running mate Joe Biden and his wife Jill were under instructions not to stray from the line-of-fire protection zone.

This zone had been identified by FBI agents pointing lasers at the stage from every building surrounding the park.

America will have to get used to such scenes. Such are the concerns for Mr Obama’s safety that many are already voicing their fears he may not even reach the White House.

Emory Douglas of the Black Panthers rights group said: “Nothing can be taken for granted that he actually will be the next President of the United States. There are people who don’t want Obama in that position and some of them are powerful.

This was in the UK press yesterday, continues at the link.

As for the economic bounce I don't think that will happen. It seems certain now we'll have 0% interest rates across the globe.

Debt deflation appears to be the main problem, I would suggest reading about Japan in the early 90's and then think globally. Japan survived by trading with the rest of the world. However if this takes hold it will be the whole world in the same position and no one to trade with.

I don't think this is a recession this is a global depression. I'm expecting huge job losses across the globe next year.

It will be interesting to hear GM's figures today, another huge loss in on the cards it won't be long before the US govt ends up owning GM, Ford and Chrysler.

The BoE slashed rates yesterday by 1.5%, this is a massive cut and clearly panic is in the air. There must be some really bad figures coming out in Nov/Dec that the BoE got told about. This is a panic measure that won't work.

The entire global economy is screwed, shipping has dropped off a cliff. Systemic failure created by the greedy idiots on Wall Street. Still at least they got a huge govt bailout for it.

Obama comes to power in the middle of a perfect economic storm where there is no handbook about what to do. Personally I think this is why the Republicans blew the election. If things are going to get a hell of lot worse you wouldn't want to get the blame for that.
          RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#20 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

Posted Image

http://www.leap2020....6eac2e2bd1a681d

In this 28th edition of the GEAB, LEAP/E2020 has decided to launch a new global systemic crisis alert. Indeed our researchers anticipate that, before next summer 2009, the US government will default and be prevented to pay back its creditors (holders of US Treasury Bonds, of Fanny May and Freddy Mac shares, etc.). Of course such a bankruptcy will provoke some very negative outcome for all USD-denominated asset holders. According to our team, the period that will then begin should be conducive to the setting up of a « new Dollar » to remedy the problem of default and of induced massive capital drain from the US. The process will result from the following five factors studied in detail further in this GEAB:

• The recent upward trend of the US Dollar is a direct and temporary consequence of the collapse of stock markets

• Thanks to its recent « political baptism », the Euro becomes a credible « safe haven » value and therefore provides a « crisis » alternative to the US dollar

• The US public debt is now swelling uncontrollably

• The ongoing collapse of US real economy prevents from finding an alternative solution to the country's defaulting

• « Strong inflation or hyper-inflation in the US in 2009? », that is the only question.

Studying the case of Iceland can give an idea of the upcoming stages of the crisis. That is what our team has been doing ever since the beginning of 2006. This country indeed provides a good illustration of what the US and the UK should be expecting. It can be considered – and that is what most Icelandic people do today – that the collapse of Iceland's financial system came from the fact that it was disproportionate to the size of the country's economy.

I know that your a republican but really the US should have listened to Carter and not Reagan. Carter said the party was over and American had to live within it's means. Reagan said the party could continue.

American voted the for the party to continue and started to continue racking up the debt and consuming. Now it appears the party is well and truly over.

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

The late Richard Feynman

UK, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Iceland and probably many others will be joining the US on the scrap heap of debt deflation.

The Fed have stopped publishing how much the money supply is growing, just how much of the stuff are they printing.

Obama has walked into hell, personally I don't think it would have made any difference who got into office everyone is going to crash and burn.
            RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

• (2 Pages)
            • +
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users