• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So who will win the US election? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

Who's going to win the US election next week?

Will we get the first black President or the first female VP?

Obama is in the lead in the polls but will that reflect what happens in the voting?
    RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#2 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: BETA Tester
      • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:28 AM

They both scare me but Obama's very public pro soclialism stance and a myriad of other factors scare me more than McCain does. I usually am a die hard Republican but this time I am very unsure of my own parties choices... Palin may be a MILF but she aint VP worthy. Then again... Think of past VP's... Quale was dumb as a box of rocks. Gore invented the Internet and single handedly decided that there is only one way to spell potatoe or is it potato? Bush senior was pretty good under Reagan. We all know that Cheney was in the back of the stage running the W show. Come on... It is hard to defend a guy that looks like curious george for gods sake! lol

I do not know who I want in the office, I just know it is about anybody but Obama and Biden the yes man from hell itself.
      \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
      BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
      It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
        • Group: Admin

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

I am die hard Republican too and really don't like what anyone is saying. I don't like all the "change" stuff going around and the stupid "I'm not Bush" stuff either. No one has convinced me they can fix anything. I don't think a Republican or Democrat can fix the trouble we are in, we really need something different. I really wonder though if the Bradley effect is going to be what decides the election? After McCain announced Palin as his VP I had a few goofy thoughts and kind of thought it was dumb. Not to go over the edge here, but really. Who are the racist and sexist people supposed to vote for? But really, this is 2008.....there aren't that many narrow minded idiots left in the US, are there?

One thing I want to mention quick too is the overall liking of Obama, it reminds me of the antichrist! But then again this is coming from the guy that has proclaimed on a few occasions that Steve Jobs is the antichrist!!
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#4 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
          • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

http://www.capitalce...y.com/1992.html

That’s the day, you probably recall, a Trenton sixth grader had to teach the Vice President of the United States that potato is not spelled with an e on the end.

In his 1994 memoir, Quayle devotes a whole chapter to the events in a classroom at Trenton’s Munoz Rivera School — and the impact of them on his career.

"It was a defining moment of the worst kind imaginable,’’ Quayle wrote in the autobiography. "Politicians live and die by the symbolic sound bite.’’

Quayle ruefully reported on a Washington Post article that suggested the Trenton flub got such wide media play because "it seemed like a perfect illustration of what people thought about me anyway.’’

Less than five months after the incident, Quayle and President Bush were voted out of office, replaced by Bill Clinton and Al Gore. Ever since, the ex VP has been a straight-faced political joke.

Gore didn't do the same did he?
          RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

I think the biggest mistake Al Gore made was proclaiming there was a Manbearpig??

#6 User is offline   YardDog Icon

• PipPip
              • Interests:Anything technical...<br />Electronics, computers<br />fast cars and Legos

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

My favorite flub is our current commander in 'cheef' trying to say subliminal.

Bushism

YD

#7 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

I think the biggest mistake Al Gore made was proclaiming there was a Manbearpig??

Are you cereal???
                If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#8 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:19 AM

View PostSteelTrepid, on Oct 31 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

Had to google manbearpig, not seen that episode of South Park.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/ManBearPig
                  RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

#9 User is offline   dirkgently42 Icon

• Ultra Member
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:26 AM

Eight years of Nook-Ya-Ler is enough!!!
                    Just elect someone who can correctly pronounce nuclear.
                    "Ignorance is king. Many would not profit by his abdication. Many enrich themselves by means of his dark monarchy. They are his Court, and in his name they defraud and govern, enrich themselves and perpetuate their power." ; A Canticle for Leibowitz; Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Woo-hoo! M-O-O-N, that spells "Nebraska"! The Stand

Randy: "Hey Earl, someone just told me that Wednesday was hump day, but I don't see any ladies so you watch my back and I'll watch yours." My Name is Earl

GEORGE: Yeah! Look at me! I was free and clear! I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!
                    JERRY: Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise. Seinfeld

Klaatu barada nikto
                    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
                    Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

#10 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                      • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

My strategery is werkin! It wasn't Gore, my bad. I knew it was Quayle but it has been so long and the stupid that burns my eyes made me confused. But come on... We have to save the rare and almost extinct half man half bear and half pig that is known as *dramatic drum role as camera zooms* Manbearpig!
                      \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
                      BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
                      It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
                      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#11 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

All kidding aside, the day is upon us. What is really gonna happen??

At least there is one definite positive, no more stupid ads on TV!!

#12 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip
                          • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

There is a good possbility of violence due to a win or loss. (Civil unrest is the politically correct name for this.)

Burning cars and smashed plate-glass store windows are common when fans celebrate a sports title win in certain places, and this is closely related.

TOLEDO, OHIO -- Toledo police are gearing up for possible "Civil unrest" during and after tomorrow's elections.

http://www.wnwo.com/....aspx?id=216464

#13 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

That's quite interesting. I hadn't heard of that, guess I should watch my local news more often??

I see one big thing going on with this election that I really don't like or agree with but I'm keeping it to myself.

#14 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

This is quite ugly now.
                              I'm getting a generator, canned food, and stock piling other needed items. We will need them within the next few years. You'll see in a few years, you think it's ugly now with Republicans.....I guarantee things will get worse with the Dem's in the office.
                              Now I need a plan to get out of this damn hippy state.
                              Now, to just save some money.....sell the house....and maybe go to Texas? That's a pretty safe state? Dunno, need a good Republican state.

#15 User is offline   YardDog Icon

• PipPip
                                • Interests:Anything technical...<br />Electronics, computers<br />fast cars and Legos

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:47 AM

Nebraska has the right idea... BANNING affirmative action for race and gender.
                                Better get me some long pants!

YD

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users