• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Woot.com?

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:40 PM

The boss just told me about this site a few days ago.

It's an interesting concept. Sell 1 item a day at a low price and only that 1 item. If it sells out in 2 hours, then you have to wait until the next day for the next "deal."

I personally have not taken the time yet to dig into all the details of the site so I honestly know little. So I'm just wondering if any of you have had an experience with them?

BTW, be prepared for "lame" deals sometimes, such as today's ear warmers!
    http://www.woot.com
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#2 User is offline   masterchi Icon

• PipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

I check it everyday and love it, also shirt.woot.com is good to for funny shirts. I have bought 3 items from woot at spectacular prices. Since they sell only 1 item a day and a lot of them at once they are able to offer sometimes up to 50% off on items so its great. I bought a Digital Camera, Air Purifier, and a Water Purity Checker. Also bought 2 shirts from shirt.woot.com.

One thing to look out for is what they call Woot Offs were they basically sell an unlimited number of items for a day or two. Basically you'll get better info by reading the FAQ of the site but they'll have like 100 TV's and when those 100 sell then they move on to the next item and so on until the day is over. They typically go through about 70+ items in a woot off so its good to set your browser to autorefresh every 15 seconds when one comes around to ensure you don't miss a product because once it sells out you won't get a second chance.

Another thing is called a Bag of Crap which is a mystery bag that can be filled with crap items or (as happened in the past) be filled with expensive items such as TV's and Nintendo Wiis or computers. The Bag of Crap is always just 10 bucks (i believe that was the price) so even if you get a new 50 inch TV it only cost you 10 bucks....everybody tries to get the BOC, i've been trying for about a year now and i am still too slow on the trigger to grab it. Also a plus of this site is all shipping is 5 dollars so whether the item is a pencil or a 200 pound TV it is only 5 dollars.

I love woot.

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for the info., while my boss is pretty smart I am cautious with some of his ideas. Sometimes he can get a little over zealous and let some guards down.

Glad to hear you've had positive experiences with them. I have read some of their FAQ and I kind of like the "smart ass" and off the wall comments they've made on the site. Fits my personality pretty well.
        Now I just have to wait for something that I want to go up on the site, or something I know we can sell in the shop.

#4 User is offline   masterchi Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:28 AM

Welp speak of the devil. Woot.com is having a wootoff :crazyhappy:Just stick by the site and reload and when you see the little orange bar under the products disappear it means it ran out of that product and is moving on to the next product soon. This is where they sell tons of product and you might find something you like but its a "on the spot" decision to buy it before they all sell out.

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

What perfect timing.....I'm broke!!

Oh well, it's still fun to check out the deals and some of them do look pretty good. I'm a little upset that I missed out on the Pioneer DVD system, oh well I didn't have the money anyways. The Soyo 22" LCD's have an excellent price but I'm not too sure of those LCD's. We bought two for a customer a couple of months ago and have had to already send one in for repair!!

#6 User is offline   masterchi Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

I bought 3 "Claire Green or Silver 1.4 inch LCD Photoviewer Keychain". Digital frame in a little egg shaped keychain...perfect stocking stuffer and only 6.99 each so i couldn't pass it up.

This post has been edited by masterchi: 19 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

#7 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

??? I didn't see those?

I haven't bought anything yet. Seems they just don't wanna hook me up??!! However I was close to getting the $38 digital camera.

Had the boss been in, he would have picked up 3 of those 22" LCD's I mentioned in my earlier post. He was also a little upset that we missed the popcorn maker, he thought that would be pretty cool for home.

Today has really been crazy, I like this "woot off"!!! I was at my laptop most of the day hitting the refresh button (somehow I still managed to get some work done) and now at my desktop doing the same!! You get the crazy adrenaline rush like you get when you bid on an ebay item with 20 seconds left....but all day!!! :crazy:I keep hoping they put something up that I wanna buy and I get to it quick enough!!

Luckily those stupid pliers sold out pretty quickly, now get rid of that damn vacuum and hook me up!!!

#8 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

I think I love these guys!!

What can we say about this eMachines T5230 2.3Ghz/1GB/250GB Desktop PC? No, seriously, thatís a real question. Because weíre out of ideas. Completely dry. We look at the specs mention the Athlon 64 X2 and the 1024 MB of RAM and weíve got nothing. Nothing at all. We even tried getting drunk. Right now, weíre so gone even F. Scott Fizgerald would tell us we needed to stop. And we canít even come up with a single joke about the 250gb hard drive. But we really want to get in a fight and make out with your girlfriend. Or boyfriend. Yeah, weíre that drunk. Hey, why donít you make with the jokes while we get another Tequila Sunrise with your significant other? You gonna say no? Cause we really want you to say no. Címon, say no. You and us. Mano y Mano.

#9 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

:crazyhappy:I've Wooted!!!
                    Kinda sucks though cause I still want more!! Damn, this is like digital cocaine!!!

Anyways, I couldn't pass up the wireless gamepad. I bought 3 and only paid $20 after shipping, $20 was the lowest price I could find (that doesn't include shipping) for just 1 of these!!!
                    I'm not a gamer, but I have 3 boys so I'm sure they will enjoy them. I will however have to keep one for myself!!!!

#10 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

2 back to back "woot offs"???
                      It's had my head spinning these past 2 days!! Luckily I am BROKE right now or I would be now!
                      Kinda ticks me off that I've missed out on a few good deals that I really would have like to have gotten, but oh well......maybe I'll catch it on the next "woot off"??!!!!

#11 User is offline   masterchi Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

I love the price of Flash Drives on woot......i got a bunch of various sizes for stocking stuffers :)11.99 for 8GB, 3.99 for 2GB, 6.99 for 4GB........they are ridiculousy cheap nowadays.

This post has been edited by masterchi: 11 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

#12 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

Woot Off!!! :crazyhappy:

This time I have money!! Man this could be a bad day if they put some good stuff up. I have money on my CC but need it for other stuff, however I can't pass up a good deal!! :crazy:

#13 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

Oh man, I am bad. Didn't take long at all either!!
                            I bought 3 Stewie (from Family Guy) USB things. He's supposed to move a little, talk, and just annoy you. It looks kinda cool?

#14 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Found a video of my new toy in action:
                              http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NVSH8eIBrh4

Can't wait to get them and drive my boss nuts!!!

#15 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

That looks like it could be annoying as hell... Cool :cool2:
                                If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users