• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Woot.com?

#16 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

MAN!! I just missed the "bag of crap!!!" This was the first time I had even ever saw it! However, their sick sense of humor in the next item up for sale almost makes up for it:

Dear Woot,

I read your site all the time, but I never thought anything like this would happen to me! I was just sitting in a diner, waiting for my onion rings, when the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen sat down next to me. I said hello, and she waved her cigarette in response. Then she looked me up and down. I didn’t even know what to say!

After a few seconds, she leaned in real close and asked me if I had five bucks. When I said yes, she asked me if I wanted to go in the back and give her a pearl necklace. Thankfully, I was carrying a Hikari 17.5” Japanese Cultured “Akoya” Salt Water Pearl Necklace that I’d found at your site! Who says it’s a waste of time to check it out every day?

The lady seemed really sophisticated, so I knew she’d enjoy the AA Quality Class Japanese Cultured Akoya Saltwater Pearls. And I was certain that the white pearls with rose overtones and mostly pink body color were going to look really great on her. She asked if I had protection and I was able say yes because of the well designed Silk Thread that had knots between each pearl, protecting them in case of an accident. I couldn’t believe it was working out so well! I gave her five bucks and we went to the back of the diner.

Once we got to the booth, I handed her the Hikari 17.5” Japanese Cultured “Akoya” Salt Water Pearl Necklace and she was so surprised. I guess that’s because she wasn’t expecting a necklace with a 14 Karat White Gold Fish Hook Filigree Clasp. She tried to tell me I misunderstood her meaning, but I wasn’t hearing any of that nonsense. I’m a man of the world, after all! I read woot.com every day! I’m hep to the score!

I have to say, those moments in the diner were something I’ll always remember. I don’t know if it will ever happen again, but a fella can always dream, can’t he? Rest assured, I’m buying another Hikari 17.5” Japanese Cultured “Akoya” Salt Water Pearl Necklace just in case. And maybe next time… I’ll need two together!

Sincerely,
    Oyster Lover

"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#17 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Those guys are nuts!!! :rolleyes:
      If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#18 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

I just always wonder.......what drugs are they on??
        Please let me know because I don't think I would ever want to try them!!!

#19 User is offline   dirkgently42 Icon

• Ultra Member
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

Very expensive shipping charge today for Random Crap. :devil:

This post has been edited by dirkgently42: 01 April 2009 - 11:38 AM

"Ignorance is king. Many would not profit by his abdication. Many enrich themselves by means of his dark monarchy. They are his Court, and in his name they defraud and govern, enrich themselves and perpetuate their power." ; A Canticle for Leibowitz; Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Woo-hoo! M-O-O-N, that spells "Nebraska"! The Stand

Randy: "Hey Earl, someone just told me that Wednesday was hump day, but I don't see any ladies so you watch my back and I'll watch yours." My Name is Earl

GEORGE: Yeah! Look at me! I was free and clear! I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!
          JERRY: Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise. Seinfeld

Klaatu barada nikto
          "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
          Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

#20 User is offline   Gedrean Icon

• Advanced Member
          • PipPipPipPip
            • Group: BETA Tester

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

View Postdirkgently42, on Apr 1 2009, 12:37 PM, said:

Very expensive shipping charge today for Random Crap. :devil:

So pissed I missed it.
            Here since February 2007, and just now got 7 demerits. I love me some Troll thread.

#21 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Man, I think I need to start staying up until 1am from now on?? Kinda cool they had 1600+ bags of crap, too bad it sold out in 22mins!!
              Did you happen to notice also, the first was sold in 22sec.'s!!!

I want my bag of crap!!!!

#22 User is offline   hubdog Icon

• PipPip
                • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

Sounds like you might need the WootAlyzer for those W00t Offs. It will alert you whenever anything new is posted on W00t. I can't survive without it.

Wootalyzer

Regards,

hubdog
                ASCII stupid question, Get A Stupid ANSI.

• (2 Pages)
                • +
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users