UBCD4Win Forums: Hash check download from majorgeek always error - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hash check download from majorgeek always error

#1 User is offline   alfinux Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

Dear all,
    I downloaded UBCD4win ver 3.22 from majorgeeks and softpedia 2-3 times. And the md5sum check is always not match. But after I download it from securitywonks.net , the md5 check is match with the download page. My internet connection is fine, I used flashget, and last, I used wget from linux server to download it. the download is stable.
    Perhaps, is the file from majorgeeks corrupted?

#2 User is offline   bilbo Icon

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

View Postalfinux, on Dec 25 2008, 11:32 PM, said:

Perhaps, is the file from majorgeeks corrupted?

Majorgeeks had the program for download before it was ever released! I wouldn't trust it!

#3 User is offline   garlicsalt2 Icon

• PipPip
        • Interests:Linux; Windows 3.x, 9x/ME, and later; MS-DOS; Palm OS, Pcoket PCs; Embedded Linux based WiFi routers [ http://openwrt.org ]; Networking; PC Repair; Knoppix [ http://www.knoppix.com/ ].

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hey, just wanted to mention that I too, tried to download from Majorgeeks, and failed the hash check all 3 times.

It might be interesting to note, that I saved all three downloads from MG's and verified that the MD5 hash was identical on all of them - er, that is, they all matched each other, not the Official MD5. I used Free Download Manager (A freeware download accelerator), and encountered no problems with the downloads. I have since erased the faulty ones, so I don't have any further info on that.

In other news, the Steelers won the Superbowl.

Congrats Ben!

I may not be a sports fan, but I have found that I am happiest, when those around me are happy. No doubt we'll hear all about it in the "Latest News" section.
        Aaron Outhier

"In today's modern world of Powerful photo and graphics editors, and Peer-2-Peer File-sharing networks, one must beware of "Geeks sharing GIFs". -- Aaron Outhier/GarlicSalt2.

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users