• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Misc items for sale

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

We generally do not try to sell things here in the forum, but recently I upgraded and downgraded a few things here at the house. Also found a few items I rarely use so I figure I should get rid of them?

1. Linksys Wireless G router WRT54G
    Only a year old and is working fine. I just upgraded to a N so I just want to get rid of it because it does much better being used than sitting in my corner gathering dust!!

2. Western Digital USB 250GB external hard drive, WD Lifebook
    About 2 years old and rarely used. Works great but I rarely use it and don't think it's doing me any good sitting in my safe.
    Power cord and USB cord included.

3. Maxtor 200GB 3.5" SATA hard drive in an Eagle external enclosure.
    Power plug and USB cord included. Works fine, but I just really do not use it much. The enclosure is maybe a year old and the hard drive is dated: JUL06
    I used the hard drive for maybe a year in a system then it collected dust for a little while, then put in this enclosure maybe 9 months ago. I've used it a few times to back up file but really don't use it enough.

4. Not for sale yet but I thought I'd mention it: Pavilion DV9000 17" laptop
    This thing is loaded with good stuff and only 6 months old. In all honesty, I'm only getting rid of it because it's too big!! It's a great desktop replacement but it's just been too annoying to lug around back and forth to work.
    Just a few of the features: 17" LCD, Wireless N, Vista Home Premium, 4 USB, 1 Firewire, HDMI out, VGA out.
    It has a Core2Duo T9300 @ 2.5GHz!
    I bought the long life battery with it and it still works very good, lasts about 2 1/2 hours.
    I also have 2 power plugs for it.
    I love the laptop and really don't want to get rid of it but it's just too big for me. I think it would be great for someone who will use it primarily as a desktop and will only lug it around on occasion. It was my "baby" so I've taken extremely great care of it. Never dropped and just normal minor scratches from normal use.

If anyone has questions, feel free to post them here. If you have an offer on anything please PM me. If you would like pictures of anything I can do that later when requested, right now I need to get a few other things done. Please if you are interested feel free to PM me. I'd much rather sell these items to the users of our great project rather than sell them on eBay, but will end up doing that if I have to. Thanks!!
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hmmm, sell a $1400 kick ass laptop for about $700-$800 and replace it with a crappy AMD processor one that cost $399?
      Or sell the $400 for $500 and keep the kick ass one?

Couldn't do it, I thought my 17" monitor annoyed me......but after 3 days I wanted MY laptop back. I will admit that the AMD laptop performed pretty well but would never compare to my 2.5GHz C2D! It was a very nice system for only $400 but I found that I really wanted all the extra stuff my expensive laptop has.

How long did it take to sell the new laptop? Maybe 4 hours? I cheated a little though because I bought one for the store (to sell) and bought the other for myself to either replace my kick ass laptop or sell. So there were already a few people that were interested in it. The boss sold his on Wednesday and Thursday when I brought mine in a person that had been looking at his really wanted one so I had to sell it to him. Nice to make the $100 so quickly!!

Now I just need to get rid of these hard drives. No response? No one trusts me? Or don't you think that I'll accept $20 or $30 for either of those other items??

#3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

I'm interested in the LifeBook and maybe the Linksys router. What revision is the router (it can be found on the bottom of it)?
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#4 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hmmmm, I was actually thinking of GIVING you one of the drives.....IF, I ever got the HDD back that I sent you 2 years ago for recovery!!! Shit, I even told you I'd give you that 200GB HDD!

Anyways, the Linksys....V8

#5 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
          • PipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

I'm kinda interested in the external hard disks as well, but funds are shot for another month or so.. If you haven't parted with one or the other by mid April I'll take one for $20-30.. I was thinking about the router as well to replace my current Linksys BEFW11S4 but I don't use the wireless much except for a printer..

#6 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Actually there has been no other responses. I'm really not in a hurry to get rid of them, I don't need the money now.....just figure I might as well get a little something out of them and put them to good use.

I think Tom is getting the WD hard drive.
              I'll do the LinkSys router for you for $28, that includes shipping and the stupid PayPal fees they will take out.

Now I just need to get rid of the "generic" hard drive enclosure.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users