• You cannot reply to this topic

RE: SteelTrepid WARNING: adult and rude content, do not view

#1 User is offline   TheYoungOne Icon

• PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

View PostSteelTrepid, on Apr 14 2009, 08:39 PM, said:

View PostGedrean, on Apr 14 2009, 11:26 PM, said:

I seriously love this place, I haven't enjoyed participating on a forum this much in years.

Just remember in general and on most occasions this is one of the most friendly forums out there. I've been told that hundreds of times. Luckily most people who visit here are friendly and considerate people, but we get the occasional "troll" so I guess it's just human nature to have a little too much fun. When you have too much fun it can get ugly and I don't want that. Let's focus our energy on helping people that will appreciate it and need it, we've had our fun.

As much as I hate to do it, I think everyone has had their fun and we really do not need a flaming war.
    Everyone has been given the chance to speak their minds and I guess that is what is most important.

Before this gets out of hand I feel I must close the topic. Have a good night people!!

Ohh, so you post your comments calling me stupid, inconsiderate, and immature because you don't like the fact that I decided to charge for a peice of my work AND THEN let a bunch of people bash on me and close the topic before I had a chance to correct it?

You are the IGNORANT INCONSIDERATE and IMMATURE one here (I am not calling you stupid because that would place me in the same ignorant category that you are currently in). I would never bash on somebody because they wanted to charge for their work. Instead, I would have messaged them negotiating for it (which is what a responsible person would have done, and is what I had expected).

I know exactly what happened, you are a very respected person in these parts and everyone hangs on everything you say.. I can't blame them (because they have little choice). But once you got in there (being ignorant overall), calling me stupid, and a troll, and stuff you just got everyone against me (which wasn't too hard because I was PARTLY to blame for it, which I admit).. But until you sincerely apologize for your actions, you are the troll. There is nothing more to it.

There is no reason for any words being thrown in my face, or anything being said to me "negatively". You do not understand the full circumstances and therefore anything you say negatively is completely ignorant.

I am not looking to start a war, but I DO want my apology. I do NOT deserve to be treated that way, and if this is what you call a "friendly forum" then I do not even want to know what a "non-friendly forum" is.

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

Do you feel better now??

In all honesty I have wasted too much of my time with you today. I have much more better and more important things to do. I have a good reputation because I have been HELPING people for FREE for over 5 years now! I am nice and honest to people so that helps me too.
      We have to get our beta testing done for version 3.50 so we can hopefully release it within the next week. So do whatever you wish, I am going to focus on testing and actually helping people.

It's on now, if you and everyone else wants it to be!!

*******DISCLAIMER TO ALL*******
      IF you could possibly be offended by a flaming war and/or users bypassing the "bad language filters"....then STOP reading this thread now!!
      Evidently the children want to play, so it's time for them to play. Have fun bashing, flaming, and whatever else everyone!!
      "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#3 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

FOR THE RECORD: The quote came from this thread, which was closed to keep things as civil as possible.
        We are now past that point it seems.

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 14 2009, 11:30 PM, said:

You called me stupid, right?
        You really need to get your eyes checked.

He never called YOU stupid.
        He did say....

A legitimate software developer will make a website or something in those lines, rather than some "stupid" posts instructing people to contact him.
        which is in comment to one's posting skills, not their IQ.

And he did make this statement:

We have the right to tell stupid people if they can or cannot post.
        Which is very true. If a person proves to be overly stupid then their posting ability is removed.

So all I have to say is watch what you call me because you may be offending more than just me.

How many people have you offended today with your temper tantrum?
        Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#4 User is offline   TheYoungOne Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

To be completely honest, I AM SORRY that I had to change the program to being paid..
          To be more honest, I ONLY JOINED THIS SITE TO HELP PEOPLE.
          And I FORGIVE anyone that had bad things to say about me. I honestly regretted making that change, and it was really hard for me to do. The thing is when I finished the program, I told my mother that I did it and she told me to get it officially copyrighted and sell it. I was thinking really hard about it because if I gave it away for free it would be harder to prove I made it.

After further thinking, I do have copies of the source code in all stages of it's creation so I could easily prove that I made it.

I will be posting the source-code for the plugin now, as a "token of apology" to everyone in the forum.

The only reason I got mad in the first place is because of what you said, SteelTrepid, and I don't really have anything against you (in-fact I like what you stand for and appreciate the fact of how much effort you put in here) but we all make mistakes. Some of what you said got out of hand, and some of what I said didn't help the situation. We are not perfect. It's OK.

#5 User is offline   TheYoungOne Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

View Posthilander999, on Apr 14 2009, 09:19 PM, said:

FOR THE RECORD: The quote came from this thread, which was closed to keep things as civil as possible.
            We are now past that point it seems.

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 14 2009, 11:30 PM, said:

You called me stupid, right?
            You really need to get your eyes checked.

He never called YOU stupid.
            He did say....

A legitimate software developer will make a website or something in those lines, rather than some "stupid" posts instructing people to contact him.
            which is in comment to one's posting skills, not their IQ.

And he did make this statement:

We have the right to tell stupid people if they can or cannot post.
            Which is very true. If a person proves to be overly stupid then their posting ability is removed.

So all I have to say is watch what you call me because you may be offending more than just me.

How many people have you offended today with your temper tantrum?

He implied that I was stupid from

We have the right to tell stupid people if they can or cannot post. So watch your step, you are close.

I could not have offended any more people than have offended me (but I could have offended less).. But by SteelTrepid implying that I am stupid knowing how far it is from being true is the point I was trying to make...

#6 User is offline   Gollum Icon

• Trollus Illuminatus
              • Group: BETA Tester

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 15 2009, 01:52 PM, said:

Ohh, so you post your comments calling me stupid, inconsiderate, and immature because you don't like the fact that I decided to charge for a peice of my work AND THEN let a bunch of people bash on me and close the topic before I had a chance to correct it?

You are the IGNORANT INCONSIDERATE and IMMATURE one here (I am not calling you stupid because that would place me in the same ignorant category that you are currently in). I would never bash on somebody because they wanted to charge for their work. Instead, I would have messaged them negotiating for it (which is what a responsible person would have done, and is what I had expected).

I know exactly what happened, you are a very respected person in these parts and everyone hangs on everything you say.. I can't blame them (because they have little choice). But once you got in there (being ignorant overall), calling me stupid, and a troll, and stuff you just got everyone against me (which wasn't too hard because I was PARTLY to blame for it, which I admit).. But until you sincerely apologize for your actions, you are the troll. There is nothing more to it.

There is no reason for any words being thrown in my face, or anything being said to me "negatively". You do not understand the full circumstances and therefore anything you say negatively is completely ignorant.

I am not looking to start a war, but I DO want my apology. I do NOT deserve to be treated that way, and if this is what you call a "friendly forum" then I do not even want to know what a "non-friendly forum" is.

PLEASE STOP F0CKING TALKING FOR A SECOND

I'd like to address a few things:

Statement #1: Ohh, so you post your comments calling me stupid, inconsiderate, and immature because you don't like the fact that I decided to charge for a peice of my work AND THEN let a bunch of people bash on me and close the topic before I had a chance to correct it?

Answer: A thread is usually closed in this way when its become crystal clear to everyone that there is NO hope of a reversal of the behaviour by the person concerned.
              Its more an act of mercy for all the other forum members, and about a thousand times less about flaming you that you think. Its not ALL about you you inconsiderate pillock.

Statement #2: You are the IGNORANT INCONSIDERATE and IMMATURE one here (I am not calling you stupid because that would place me in the same ignorant category that you are currently in). I would never bash on somebody because they wanted to charge for their work. Instead, I would have messaged them negotiating for it (which is what a responsible person would have done, and is what I had expected).

Answer: Oh insulting the admin is EXACTLY the right thing to do.

Statement #3: I would never bash on somebody because they wanted to charge for their work

Answer: Neither would I. I would'nt begrudge anyone earning a dollar if they actually had some really major addition that benefited EVERY user and had put some time in on the project. Even then its generally frowned upon by the community. Some of us have worked on PE for yeas and given away every bit of work for free. Usually OUR code/apps take more than the hour or so it took you to write fricking javascript code. Id love to have a dollar even for every copy of Ghost 9 that i put out, but i survive on the satisfaction of releasing some truly half assed software for my community. Of course ive had (as i suspect many here have) the delight of seeing some use my code (which they specifically asked me to write for their own project) and then go and charge for it and not mention it to me.

What gets my goat is the total misrepresentation by you of your aims, you arrived one day looking for help and then days later youre wanting to charge for stuff?

The f0cking hide of you, not even in the door ten minutes

I even posted trying to help you which is something i got out of doing, but was feeling in a particularly helpful and gracious mood that day, and you take the help offered and ignore a bit of constructive forum etiquette, which, if followed, would have negated all of this.

So i suggest it is you that is the IGNORANT INCONSIDERATE and IMMATURE one here

Statement #4: I am not looking to start a war, but I DO want my apology

Answer: You're delusional, if youre going to continue in a passive aggressive bipolar fashion,, then pull the pin now, close your account and f0ck off
              If you want any chance of being a part of this forum, just cool off, and be reasonable. I made it plainly clear in my PM to you the other day, along with the posting etiquette advice,
              that i and others rarely really flame anyone, its more about fun and humour, so you knew from the get go we are next to never personal in our postings or vicious. Well not on this occasion as you keep rabbiting on about the same sh1t time and again.

Consider this a warning from me to pull your head in

Now go smoke a bowl and mellow the f0ck out, or disappear, either way im done seeing and responding to the same broken record you keep spinning

If i see you open another thread today on the same subject it will not be pleasant

Have a nice day :)

This post has been edited by Gollum: 14 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

Part of the conversation after highlander999 convinced me to try Vista for a second time, and after i removed it and caught up with him:

Me: Stop talking about it in a positive way, it makes me want to cut myself, just to feel something again
              John: Found a new signature did ya?

And Now a word from our sponsor:
              Partner commenting on your crotch forest? Or just want to make things appear bigger? Do you believe a goatee should only be worn on your chin?
              Have you been curious to try genital grooming, but too scared to take action? We're here to help.
              Sack and crack maintenance can take over your life if you let it, for tips, hints and support in a non-judgmental group situation, please visit THIS SITE
              This is an exclusive free service, accessible only to members of 911cd.net/forums, brought to you by HappySack Inc

Now Co-sponsored by new Marine Strength ©Windex, when you absolutely positively need all your boats glass surfaces to be streak free....

#7 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:47 PM

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 15 2009, 12:36 AM, said:

He implied that I was stupid from

We have the right to tell stupid people if they can or cannot post. So watch your step, you are close.

I could not have offended any more people than have offended me (but I could have offended less).. But by SteelTrepid implying that I am stupid knowing how far it is from being true is the point I was trying to make...

What qualifies as stupid in your dictionary?

Posting details about downloading a warez copy of windows in a legal forum that has already had to deal with the MS lawyers?
                How about flying off the handle when someone corrects you about something? God forbid they use words you don't understand.

What I find amusing right now is that your blaming your temper tantrum on Ben, where as first thing this morning it was all my fault for using the word DEMERITS when correcting a couple flaws in your posting strategy.

Then, one by one you lash out at everyone, so of course they are going to respond. We call that "Digging a Hole".

#8 User is offline   TheYoungOne Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

Gollum, I am not going back on anything I said, but I still forgive you. I understand that you guys are only here to help. Me too, HONESTLY. If you read all of the posts that were made by me, in order (especially my last post) then you would understand that. I have been thinking up a lot of new ideas recently (to make the whole damn experience better for everyone) that I will be releasing for free!! Just because I changed my mind about one thing before release (the mistake I made was that being my first impression) that doesn't mean I am a bad person or that I don't want to actually help the community. I only changed my mind because of what my mother said. Honestly. There were WAY MORE RUDE comments posted about me than I had posted about others. I tried to keep my comments as peaceful as I could knowing what people were saying about me. I could have blown up, and would have definitely gotten kicked off of the forum, but I didn't, BECAUSE I WANT TO STAY HERE AND HELP AROUND.

Again, I am sorry.

#9 User is offline   Gollum Icon

• Trollus Illuminatus

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 15 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

Gollum, I am not going back on anything I said, but I still forgive you. I understand that you guys are only here to help. Me too, HONESTLY. If you read all of the posts that were made by me, in order (especially my last post) then you would understand that. I have been thinking up a lot of new ideas recently (to make the whole damn experience better for everyone) that I will be releasing for free!! Just because I changed my mind about one thing before release (the mistake I made was that being my first impression) that doesn't mean I am a bad person or that I don't want to actually help the community. I only changed my mind because of what my mother said. Honestly. There were WAY MORE RUDE comments posted about me than I had posted about others. I tried to keep my comments as peaceful as I could knowing what people were saying about me. I could have blown up, and would have definitely gotten kicked off of the forum, but I didn't, BECAUSE I WANT TO STAY HERE AND HELP AROUND.

Again, I am sorry.

Dude, did i not just finish suggesting you took a chill pill and went to your timeout place?

Stop acting like a child or highlander999 will get you a sippy cup
                    Part of the conversation after highlander999 convinced me to try Vista for a second time, and after i removed it and caught up with him:

Me: Stop talking about it in a positive way, it makes me want to cut myself, just to feel something again

Partner commenting on your crotch forest? Or just want to make things appear bigger? Do you believe a goatee should only be worn on your chin?
                    Have you been curious to try genital grooming, but too scared to take action? We're here to help.
                    Sack and crack maintenance can take over your life if you let it, for tips, hints and support in a non-judgmental group situation, please visit THIS SITE
                    This is an exclusive free service, accessible only to members of 911cd.net/forums, brought to you by HappySack Inc

Now Co-sponsored by new Marine Strength ©Windex, when you absolutely positively need all your boats glass surfaces to be streak free....

#10 User is offline   TheYoungOne Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

View PostGollum, on Apr 14 2009, 10:00 PM, said:

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 15 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

Again, I am sorry.

Dude, did i not just finish suggesting you took a chill pill and went to your timeout place?

Stop acting like a child or highlander999 will get you a sippy cup

That post was written calm and I was apologizing AND forgiving you? You know, this is the kind of thing I am talking about. People read the first sentence of a topic, assume what the rest says and go off writing an offensive reply in return. This is what kept happening to me on the other forum and is the reason everything got out of hand. I just said I was going to post the source code for my program. What more do you want? It almost makes me think that you are jealous of me or something...

#11 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:35 AM

That post was written calm and I was apologizing AND forgiving you?

What exactly do you think he needs to be forgiven for?

#12 User is offline   TheYoungOne Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:38 AM

View Posthilander999, on Apr 14 2009, 10:35 PM, said:

For insulting me because he did not know the whole situation

#13 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:40 AM

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 15 2009, 01:38 AM, said:

What makes you think he doesn't know the whole situation?

#14 User is offline   Gollum Icon

• Trollus Illuminatus

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 15 2009, 03:38 PM, said:

Dude, im well aware of the WHOLE situation, as is EVERYONE else because its spread out over like 5 threads now.

Youre only embarrassing yourself by continuing.

Please for the love of God, give it a rest

#15 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Group: Admin

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

View PostTheYoungOne, on Apr 15 2009, 12:38 AM, said:

Words of the young, dumb and completely clueless....
                                Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

• (46 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users