• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 3.50 released!!

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

We have finally completed beta testing so version 3.50 is available for download!!
    Enjoy the new release!

For more information and a little "guide" on the new changes to 3.50 check my blog later tonight. I will be doing a write up on the changes there: http://www.bendburrows.com
    I had planned on doing a video, but ran out of time while testing. Maybe I will find the time to do this later?

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

Wanted to give a few quick notes:

MBAM plugin, by default is in German. Go to lines 57 & 58, comment out the German line and uncomment the English line.
      MBAM plugin, does NOT work in Vista, sorry.

Firefox and Opera are disabled by default, the only browser included in a default build is IE.

At download time and with DEFAULT options, the ISO size is 690MB. So if you add anything, you will have to remove a few things.

Newest version of BTS drivers are included: Mass Storage, LAN, and WAN. WAN is there but is DISABLED, it will add about 60-90MB's to your ISO size, so you will probably want to burn to a DVD. Video drivers are now supported also but have been tested very little, we do not include any of these in our download because of their size.

Note also that a lot of older plugins for tools that are no longer supported have been removed. Such as AVG 7.5, AVG AS, and Ad Aware. When we receive permission from Grisoft, a AVG 8.5 plugin will be included. As for AdAware, I really don't like their new product and don't care to add it. We have many other BETTER tools available in the download such as asquared, Spy Bot, Super AntiSpyware, and MBAM. For AV though, we are getting a little thin. I would suggest that you add Vipre or the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to your build if you need more AV.

More notes and suggestions will follow later. I have to get back to work!!

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

Oh yeah, half the reason why I posted.

I found one of my "test" systems was having problems building UBCD4Win during beta testing. I received a strange .NET error message when InfCacheBuilder would run.

If anyone happens to run into this problem, download .NET 3.5 SP1 and install it on your system. This only occurred on a XP SP2 system that didn't have all of it's updates done. I have not seen this error message since.

#4 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Wanted to let you all know that I finally found the time to write up my little "guide" on the 3.50 release. You can view it here on my blog:
          http://www.bendburro...om/?page_id=145

I do plan to add more information to that page in the future so please check it out regularly. If you happen to have a question or suggestion that is not there, feel free to post here or comment there. Thank you!!

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users