UBCD4Win Forums: Vista & windows 7 supported ? Usb flash drive - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vista & windows 7 supported ? Usb flash drive

#1 User is offline   Andyuk Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

Hello, Can i just say first of all how wonderful the Ultimate boot cd is, I use it in my field of work but i wanted to ask if you plan in the future to do a vista and windows 7 version of the program ?

at the moment it seems to only support windows xp however its not a criticism of the product but since vista and windows 7 are the newest operating systems it might be an idea. :)

one last thing, is there a way to put it on a usb flash drive ? since the loading time would probably be reduced by a great deal.

as i said its a great program and i'm very happy with it I've just downloaded the new version and will update it now.

thanks

#2 User is offline   homes32 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

View PostAndyuk, on Apr 23 2009, 07:47 AM, said:

Hello, Can i just say first of all how wonderful the Ultimate boot cd is, I use it in my field of work but i wanted to ask if you plan in the future to do a vista and windows 7 version of the program ?

at the moment it seems to only support windows xp however its not a criticism of the product but since vista and windows 7 are the newest operating systems it might be an idea. :)

one last thing, is there a way to put it on a usb flash drive ? since the loading time would probably be reduced by a great deal.

as i said its a great program and i'm very happy with it I've just downloaded the new version and will update it now.

thanks

as long as the devs stick with BartPE there will never be a version using a newer windows. BartPe can only build with XP.

#3 User is offline   Andyuk Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:27 AM

ahh ok thanks for that :)you wouldn't happen to know how to make it work on a usb flash stick would you ?

#4 User is offline   Moose Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

View PostAndyuk, on Apr 23 2009, 02:27 PM, said:

ahh ok thanks for that :)you wouldn't happen to know how to make it work on a usb flash stick would you ?

UBUSB works great for me. It is included in the 3.50 release (look for UBUSB.exe in the main UBCD4Win directory) or you can get it from this thread.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/...showtopic=11375

Moose

This post has been edited by Moose: 23 April 2009 - 11:09 AM

#5 User is offline   hubdog Icon

• PipPip
            • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

One other note is that it will correct issues on NTFS drives that run Vista and Windows7. Most of the tools will work to solve problems with those operating systems, but you have to do a little research to understand how they are built and differ from XP. Some file and folders in Vista/Windows7 have restricted access, changing it could cause problems when booting and operating the OS, so you have to be careful what you decide to fix, and how you do it. I have used UBCD4WIN to reset admin passwords, fix drives, remove malware, edit registry, and much more on Vista, so good luck.

Best Regards
            ASCII stupid question, Get A Stupid ANSI.

#6 User is offline   ben_mott Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hello again,

to put UBCD4WIN on to a usb use PETOUSB

http://gocoding.com/....php?al=petousb

http://www.softpedia...k/PeToUSB.shtml

install it on to computer put your cd in CD rom drive

in program make sure you are pointing to it
              and format is enabled fat32 and over write is enabled .

Vista PE2 by Microsoft is another project called WAIK
              you can download WAIK free from Microsoft and can mount WIM images and change them
              using imagex.exe you can also use BART menu and drag and drop programs like a43.exe in windows\system32 folder
              then unmount it. and make ISO in fact it is good to learn if you are a system admin
              http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=18758

infact every installation DVD of Microsoft Vista and son of vista (windows7) is a WindowsVista PE2

Ben

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users