• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barebones Nettop Intel Atom $149

#1 User is offline   masterchi Icon

• PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

http://www.newegg.co...-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

Figured SteelTrepid might like this for a cheap barebones nettop Intel Atom computer, needs a few more pieces of hardware but seems like a great deal.

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

Thanks do appreciate the link and info. I'll give you my take on it though:

I like the design, size of it, and that it takes a standard 5.25" and 3.5" drive.
      I don't like the price, non standard power supply, no PCI expansion, and lack of PS/2 plugs. Sorry, I just really still prefer PS/2 keyboards and mice. The price for this is $16 more than the other case and motherboard I'm currently using, plus you automatically lose 2 of the 4 USB ports on the back with a mouse and keyboard. If I could find replacement PS's for this and find it $20 cheaper, I might consider buying one or two.

Thanks again for the link and I apologize for picking your suggestion apart....just giving honest feedback. Any other thoughts?
      "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

I just happen to find another tonight while "playing around." This is a Foxconn, which I'm not too sure about?? They make a lot of stuff for other people, but for some reason I've always heard they are junk??

Anyways. I really like the look of this case. It takes standard 5.25" drive, 3.5" HDD, and an external 3.5" bay. Includes a more "standard" power supply, has PS/2, no GB LAN though, and a half height PCI slot. With a promo code it is actually $5 less than my current setup.
        Foxconn Atom barebone
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#4 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

Foxconn has been around a long time.... they are ( or were ) the actual manufacturer of Intel MB's at least for a while if not still at this time... but that doesn't mean all of their boards are good ones. Example would be Asus who also manufactures boards for others such as HP which are usually bad boards also because their design was controlled by HP
          Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users