• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proliant ML110 - no drives

#1 User is offline   nuggi24 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

Hi ....

i got a HP Proliant ML110....but when I going to boot the PC with the new 3.50 Version of the UBCD there are no drives at all, except the ramdrive.

The drives are connected to internal controller (aka adaptec).

Can anyone help me.

Thanks a lot...
    nuggi24

#2 User is online   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

UBCD4Win, arguably,has the most complete set of drivers included with it to help in this type of situation. They were developed by the Driverpacks.net development team which represents the most complete set of drivers available anywhere... but still it is limited to what has already been or can be included so it can't have every single driver since new ones are developed all of the time.

So in situations like this the user needs to add the proper drivers for their system and disable the included drivers so no conflicts will mess you up and overwrite the drivers you supply. We also strongly recommend that the user report the issue in the Driverpacks.net forum so that other users will not have to worry about it later as they develop new driverpacks.

First you must locate the proper drivers for your system or its motherboard. Go to the manufacturers or motherboard's website and download the XP ( or Win2k3 drivers if that is the source files you are building from ) Floppy/F6 drivers. These are the same drivers that a user would use when installing XP ( or Win2k3 ) so should be easy to locate.

Next you need to create a folder for them. In the [UBCD4Win]\drivers folder create a folder named SCSIAdapter and in that folder another for your drivers called MyDriver... the path should be [UBCD4Win]\drivers\SCSIAdapter\MyDriver. Then extract the drivers you downloaded into that folder.

Next in the UBCD4WinBuilder go into the Plugins area and disable the "# DriverPacks.net - MassStorage" plugin so you don't get a conflict with these drivers. Rebuild the project and create a new disk and test.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   nuggi24 Icon

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

I took a new installation of the ubcdwin ....i integrated the driver from the manufacture....i disabled the driverpack massstorage.....

but no success at all...there are still no drives visible......

What am I doing wrong?

#4 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator & Development
          • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:57 AM

View Postnuggi24, on May 13 2009, 07:56 AM, said:

What am I doing wrong?

I think, you use the wrong drivers! ;)
          What drivers do you use ???

Joshua
          my plugin homepage:
          <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#5 User is offline   nuggi24 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:50 AM

I downloaded the driver from HP homepage:

HP Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 1.4.17015.0 18 Jan 2008

The other drivers are for SCSI....

I think this is the correct driver..... :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   gadz Icon

• Pip

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

View Postnuggi24, on May 13 2009, 10:50 AM, said:

I downloaded the driver from HP homepage:

HP Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 1.4.17015.0 18 Jan 2008

The other drivers are for SCSI....

I think this is the correct driver..... :rolleyes:

I have the same problem, when the Embedded RAID controller is disabled UBCD4Win (Win2K3 or XP) sees the sata drives but not when it is enabled. I have built a Win2K3sp1 based UBCD4Win iso and used F6 at boot to load the HP driver for the Embedded RAID controller that works when installing Windows 2003 to the same machine!

I downloaded and installed UBCD4Win v 3.50 and installed to the ML110 running Windows 2003 to create the iso I'm using the latest drivers available.

Would appreciate any help with this.

#7 User is online   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Admin

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

View Postgadz, on Jun 3 2009, 05:55 AM, said:

I have the same problem, when the Embedded RAID controller is disabled UBCD4Win (Win2K3 or XP) sees the sata drives but not when it is enabled. I have built a Win2K3sp1 based UBCD4Win iso and used F6 at boot to load the HP driver for the Embedded RAID controller that works when installing Windows 2003 to the same machine!

I downloaded and installed UBCD4Win v 3.50 and installed to the ML110 running Windows 2003 to create the iso I'm using the latest drivers available.

Would appreciate any help with this.

I already provided the steps needed above to resolve the issue... so follow those
                Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#8 User is offline   gadz Icon

• Pip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:22 AM

Yep, sorry, missed the "disable the "# DriverPacks.net - MassStorage" plugin " bit first time round, working now.
                  Thanks your help.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users