Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BOOT on CD blue screen ?// AV need advice

#1 User is offline   bkles Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

I blue screening when i boot with the UBCD / standard plugins? this is on a new blade server no OS at this time..

I had no issues with AV when creating CD or installing UBCD4WIN. CD created with out any errors.

Anyone have any ideas?

THX

#2 User is offline   bengt Icon

• Ultra Member
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Booting up...
      Preparing standard reply...

[start humor]
      The Ticket booth is now open...

Tickets are just $10.00 per person.
      Seating will be limited to 10 persons per show!

Settle down, settle down already...
      Ok, now that you are all seated, we will start this séance by you good people biting down hard on the edge of the table and not letting go whatever happens, ok? These things can be quite scary you know...

Now I have to light a few scented candles, smoke some secret herbs, my own blend, I have a degree you know, the spirits like it when it's all fuzzy and cozy, well at least I do. Inhale, inhale, relax…goooood shiiit, ok, here goes nothing, getting into the mood now...very hazy in here...some colors...all good..

-Hey, take your filthy hands of my crystal balls, the nerve! Oh, here comes, no, not that, I see that you - (dear poster) - are wearing heavy wollen socks, is that right? and, and, oh, that is the only thing you are wearing...and you are...yikes...not a very nice picture...you are sitting on "the chair" right?, bad timing.. #1 and #2...and your out of TP...crap..

ok, ok, back on topic...I see, I see....did you forget to turn your computer on? my bots wont work if...scratch that...

Alternate plan, I have to administer some mind control/reading her....tuning reception… hmmmmmm, wait, now, yes, now, ok, digging through some hairy memories, I've got it, aaah, it’s bad coding, that's what it is, just fix that and you are good to go, no need to thank me, (planting subliminal message: PAY PSYCHIC SUPPORT A LOT OF MONEY) I am fine, I know where you live you know...go in peace.

No need to reply to this post, if you have any further questions just zap me some thoughts...real posts will be ignored.

[/end humor]

We are not mind readers here or psychics for that matter, for proper assistance please provide relevant useful information, for example, but not limited to:

Computer brand, hardware, source files XP, Vista etc, system you built on, XP, Vista Win7, etc, any service pack updates? sp1, sp2 etc. Where are the source files located? Did you slipstream any drivers into your source files? Amount of installed RAM? Are you wearing a thong and/or a bra?

What are the specific errors you have encountered, if any, did you have any error messages during build, what are the specific error messages?

BSOD error messages?

What specific changes did you make?

You get the general idea?

Bengt out...

This post has been edited by bengt: 12 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

#3 User is offline   bkles Icon

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

when i boot with the UBCD / standard plugins ---- It , mean's i built the CD using UBCD4WinBuilder.exe and UBCD4win PE builder v3.1.10a without making changes to the plugins.

The basic BSOD stating Windows is shutting down (funny there is no windows, except what is on CD) with the refferance to to run chkdsk /f or may be a virus or remove any new hard drives.

I do belive that issue may be is no drivers found that will run a Dell HS21 blade server.

Just my thoughts.. as the CD :mellow:will boot a Dell 3650 server and see the drives -- NO BSODS

Now if you have any ideas as to why UBCD4win may feel compelled to BSOD with no modification made feel free to respond!

#4 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

The basic BSOD stating Windows is shutting down (funny there is no windows, except what is on CD) with the refferance to to run chkdsk /f or may be a virus or remove any new hard drives.

That's still no help. What is the EXACT error?
          If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

I think he's probably getting the 7 BSOD, bad hdd or driver. Since it's pretty new I would assume that the drivers needed for IDE or SATA are not in our build. He will probably need to add the drivers to his build.
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#6 User is offline   bkles Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

View PostSteelTrepid, on May 12 2009, 11:31 AM, said:

I think he's probably getting the 7 BSOD, bad hdd or driver. Since it's pretty new I would assume that the drivers needed for IDE or SATA are not in our build. He will probably need to add the drivers to his build.

This what it looked like to me. I am not really sure where to add driver (folder too) ... I would have thought it would go here: C:\UBCD4Win\drivers\Net

I can try several drivers, but just looking to see if im working in the correct area.

Thx

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users