UBCD4Win Forums: driver packs mass storage - UBCD4Win Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

driver packs mass storage stop error

#1 User is offline   cfp Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 15-May 09

    Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

    Sadly, finally UBCD4Win v3.50 wont start a particular computer...
    MANY others start perfectly.

    Blue screen
    STOP: 0X0000007B (0XFA2F3528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

    I fix many computers but now for the very first time one won't
    start via UBCD4Win! Turns out to be in the driver-packs MASS Storage
    as when old version of driver-packs MASS Storage used
    (what was used in UBCD4Win 3.22) no problem..

    UBCD4Win V3.22 IF UPDATED TO current version driver-packs MASS Storage
    produces same STOP.

    Hope this will be of helpful information.
    0

    #2 User is offline   cdob Icon

    • Special Guest
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development
      • Posts: 1,434
      • Joined: 19-October 05

      Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

      View Postcfp, on May 15 2009, 01:46 PM, said:

      UBCD4Win v3.50 wont start a particular computer...

      Which hardware is used at this particular computer?
      Which mass storage controller is used?
      Do you boot from internal CD drive or USB device?

      run

      Quote

      devcon hwids *cc_01* *scsi* *raid*


      Report the issue at driverpacks forum.
      0

      #3 User is offline   OverFlow Icon

      • Special Guest
      • PipPip
        • Group: DriverPacks.net Guru
        • Posts: 95
        • Joined: 17-October 07

        Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

        There are a handful of bugs reported in the latest mass storage pack... :(
        the testing team did not report any issues before we released, sorry!
        there have been several updates to the latest nightly (beta) mass storage packs.
        It's even possable your issue has been addressed already ;)

        We are adding fixes as they are reported...
        Please provide your HWID for the controller so we can fix the right driver :)

        the easiest thing for you to do is to remove the newer pack from the plugin and
        replace it with the older mass storage pack and hit he config button in PEBuilder.
        that will use the older pack for you rbuild until the new version is out!

        If you post at DriverPacks.net you will likely be offered to test a nightly to prove our fix :)

        PS there is a link to a HWID tool in my signature at DriverPacks.net

        This post has been edited by OverFlow: 16 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

        0

        #4 User is offline   spetrie Icon

        • Newbie
        • Pip
          • Group: Members
          • Posts: 14
          • Joined: 22-October 08
          • Location:scotland

          Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

          I had similar issue with 901 mass storage pack HP Smart Array p400 driver issue
          I have also posted on DriverPacks.net

          This post has been edited by spetrie: 16 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

          0

          #5 User is offline   cdob Icon

          • Special Guest
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development
            • Posts: 1,434
            • Joined: 19-October 05

            Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

            View Postspetrie, on May 16 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

            I had similar issue with 901 mass storage pack HP Smart Array p400 driver issue
            I have also posted on DriverPacks.net

            Can you add required HWID at DriverPacks.net too?
            This information is required to clarify possible conflicts.
            http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=3754
            0

            #6 User is offline   spetrie Icon

            • Newbie
            • Pip
              • Group: Members
              • Posts: 14
              • Joined: 22-October 08
              • Location:scotland

              Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:37 AM

              View Postcdob, on May 16 2009, 03:59 PM, said:

              View Postspetrie, on May 16 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

              I had similar issue with 901 mass storage pack HP Smart Array p400 driver issue
              I have also posted on DriverPacks.net

              Can you add required HWID at DriverPacks.net too?
              This information is required to clarify possible conflicts.
              http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=3754

              Added to driverpacks.net
              Thanks
              0

              #7 User is offline   cfp Icon

              • Newbie
              • Pip
                • Group: Members
                • Posts: 6
                • Joined: 15-May 09

                Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

                Have bean VERY busy, many prodjects going on, but here is Hardware of the troublemaker;
                --- SpaceWalker-Shuttle-AI61-motherboard ---

                Blue screen
                STOP: 0X0000007B (0XFA2F3528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

                BART's/UBCD4WIn
                is fine with older DriverPacks, no crashes on boot at all.

                RAID Devices
                ============
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_07\3&61AAA01&0&39
                Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
                Hardware ID's:
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_07
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&SUBSYS_00000000
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&REV_07
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&CC_01018A
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&CC_0101
                Compatible ID's:
                PCI\VEN_1022&CC_01018A
                PCI\VEN_1022&CC_0101
                PCI\VEN_1022
                PCI\CC_01018A
                PCI\CC_0101
                1 matching device(s) found.


                Blue screen
                STOP: 0X0000007B (0XFA2F3528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

                BART's/UBCD4WIn
                is fine with older DriverPacks, no crashes on boot at all.

                note: aside from the hard-drive Controller problem there is also a problem with
                the keyboard if use the standard keyboard which crashes after a few minutes
                of use???? , so must use USB keyboard, Also about 1 in 10 XP boots will reboot/crash
                during reboots but other wise is a stable machine once booted to XP.

                BART's/UBCD4WIn
                is fine with older DriverPacks, no crashes on boot at all, but keyboard problem still exists.

                ===========
                PCI Devices
                ===========
                PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4754&SUBSYS_47541002&REV_41\3&61AAA01&0&48 : ATI Technologies Inc. 3D RAGE II PCI
                PCI\VEN_1013&DEV_6005&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&58 : Crystal SoundFusion" CS4281 WDM Audio
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7006&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_25\3&61AAA01&0&00 : PCI standard host CPU bridge
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7007&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&08 : AMD-751 Processor to AGP Controller
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7408&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&38 : PCI standard ISA bridge
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_07\3&61AAA01&0&39 : Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_740B&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_03\3&61AAA01&0&3B : AMD-756 Power Management Controller
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_740C&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_06\3&61AAA01&0&3C : AMD 756 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
                8 matching device(s) found.

                ===========
                USB Devices
                ===========
                USB\ROOT_HUB\4&21A4534D&0 : USB Root Hub
                USB\VID_049F&PID_000E\5&D84BCF5&0&1 : USB Composite Device
                USB\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_00\6&8421312&2&0000 : USB Human Interface Device
                USB\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01\6&8421312&2&0001 : USB Human Interface Device
                USB\VID_07A6&PID_8511\0001 : ADMtek ADM8511 USB To Fast Ethernet Converter
                5 matching device(s) found.

                =============
                Input Devices
                =============
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_00\7&230B4070&0&0000 : HID Keyboard Device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL01\7&FDB2432&0&0000 : HID-compliant consumer control device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL02\7&FDB2432&0&0001 : HID-compliant device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL03\7&FDB2432&0&0002 : HID-compliant consumer control device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL04\7&FDB2432&0&0003 : HID-compliant device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL05\7&FDB2432&0&0004 : HID-compliant device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL06\7&FDB2432&0&0005 : HID-compliant device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL07\7&FDB2432&0&0006 : HID-compliant device
                HID\VID_049F&PID_000E&MI_01&COL08\7&FDB2432&0&0007 : HID-compliant device
                9 matching device(s) found.

                ============
                ACPI Devices
                ============
                ACPI\AUTHENTICAMD_-_X86_FAMILY_6_MODEL_4\_0 : AMD Athlon" Processor
                ACPI\FIXEDBUTTON\2&DABA3FF&0 : ACPI Fixed Feature Button
                ACPI\PNP0000\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : Programmable interrupt controller
                ACPI\PNP0100\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : System timer
                ACPI\PNP0200\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : Direct memory access controller
                ACPI\PNP0400\1 : Printer Port (LPT1)
                ACPI\PNP0501\1 : Communications Port (COM1)
                ACPI\PNP0501\2 : Communications Port (COM2)
                ACPI\PNP0700\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : Standard floppy disk controller
                ACPI\PNP0800\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : System speaker
                ACPI\PNP0A03\2&DABA3FF&0 : PCI bus
                ACPI\PNP0B00\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : System CMOS/real time clock
                ACPI\PNP0C01\2&DABA3FF&0 : System board
                ACPI\PNP0C02\1 : Motherboard resources
                ACPI\PNP0C04\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : Numeric data processor
                ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&DABA3FF&0 : ACPI Power Button
                ACPI\PNP0F13\4&2DD9AEC8&0 : PS/2 Compatible Mouse
                ACPI_HAL\PNP0C08\0 : Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
                ROOT\ACPI_HAL\0000 : Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
                19 matching device(s) found.

                ============
                HDA Audio
                ============
                No matching devices found.

                ============
                RAID Devices
                ============
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_07\3&61AAA01&0&39
                Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
                Hardware ID's:
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_07
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&SUBSYS_00000000
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&REV_07
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&CC_01018A
                PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&CC_0101
                Compatible ID's:
                PCI\VEN_1022&CC_01018A
                PCI\VEN_1022&CC_0101
                PCI\VEN_1022
                PCI\CC_01018A
                PCI\CC_0101
                1 matching device(s) found.
                0

                #8 User is offline   cdob Icon

                • Special Guest
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Moderator & Development
                  • Posts: 1,434
                  • Joined: 19-October 05

                  Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:53 AM

                  View Postcfp, on May 21 2009, 08:47 AM, said:

                  Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
                  PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&CC_0101

                  Try a plugin: \plugin\Drivers\BTS_addon.inf.
                  Do not use directory plugin\DriverPacks.net
                  [Version]
                  Signature="$Windows NT$"
                  
                  [PEBuilder]
                  Name="Driver: addon PnpInterface"
                  Enable=1
                  
                  [SetupReg.AddReg]
                  0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\3wareDrv\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                  0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\3wDrv100\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                  0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\nvgts\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                  0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\nvgts5\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                  0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\nvgts6\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                  
                  [DelLine]
                  "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409"
                  "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7411"
                  "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7441"
                  "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7469"
                  "txtsetup.sif", "SCSI.LOAD", "amdide"



                  Quote

                  there is also a problem with the keyboard if use the standard keyboard which crashes after a few minutes of use???? , so must use USB keyboard, Also about 1 in 10 XP boots will reboot/crash
                  during reboots but other wise is a stable machine once booted to XP.

                  This is a sign of half broken hardware.
                  PE expect stable hardware. This includes UBCD4Win.
                  There is no OS errror correction. A stable XP dosn't qualify a stable PE.
                  Replace the half broken hardware.
                  0

                  #9 User is offline   cfp Icon

                  • Newbie
                  • Pip
                    • Group: Members
                    • Posts: 6
                    • Joined: 15-May 09

                    Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

                    View Postcdob, on May 21 2009, 10:53 AM, said:

                    View Postcfp, on May 21 2009, 08:47 AM, said:

                    Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
                    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409&CC_0101

                    Try a plugin: \plugin\Drivers\BTS_addon.inf.
                    Do not use directory plugin\DriverPacks.net
                    [Version]
                    Signature="$Windows NT$"
                    
                    [PEBuilder]
                    Name="Driver: addon PnpInterface"
                    Enable=1
                    
                    [SetupReg.AddReg]
                    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\3wareDrv\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\3wDrv100\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\nvgts\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\nvgts5\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                    0x4, "ControlSet001\Services\nvgts6\Parameters\PnpInterface", "5", 0x1
                    
                    [DelLine]
                    "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409"
                    "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7411"
                    "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7441"
                    "txtsetup.sif", "HardwareIdsDatabase", "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7469"
                    "txtsetup.sif", "SCSI.LOAD", "amdide"



                    Quote

                    there is also a problem with the keyboard if use the standard keyboard which crashes after a few minutes of use???? , so must use USB keyboard, Also about 1 in 10 XP boots will reboot/crash
                    during reboots but other wise is a stable machine once booted to XP.

                    This is a sign of half broken hardware.
                    PE expect stable hardware. This includes UBCD4Win.
                    There is no OS errror correction. A stable XP dosn't qualify a stable PE.
                    Replace the half broken hardware.



                    UBCD4Win322 runs perfectly stable as it came directly from www.UBCD4win.com in default settings, UBCD4WIn 3.22 and 3.50 both run perfect WITHOUT DriverPacks MassStorage enabled.
                    3.50 has the STOP error with the current massstorage drivers.

                    SO just thought someone like to see why the current massstorage drivers behave this way WITH the faulty machine/motherboard hardware. If no one cares that is OK...

                    I'm NOT looking for a fix to the STOP Error, just providing the information if anyone had interest, as sometimes UBCD is used for diagnosis when both software and/or hardware has problems.

                    sorry if anyone feels I've wasted their time.
                    0

                    #10 User is offline   cdob Icon

                    • Special Guest
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • Group: Moderator & Development
                      • Posts: 1,434
                      • Joined: 19-October 05

                      Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

                      View Postcfp, on May 21 2009, 11:54 AM, said:

                      SO just thought someone like to see why the current massstorage drivers behave this way WITH the faulty machine/motherboard hardware. If no one cares that is OK...

                      Any real hardware experience is highly welcome.
                      In real world there are a lot of driver exeptions. This has to be solved.

                      OverFlow is a driverpacks developer.

                      View PostOverFlow, on May 16 2009, 05:58 AM, said:

                      If you post at DriverPacks.net you will likely be offered to test a nightly to prove our fix :)
                      The issue will be solved in future.

                      In the meantime you or others may use the plugin fix.
                      0

                      #11 User is offline   cfp Icon

                      • Newbie
                      • Pip
                        • Group: Members
                        • Posts: 6
                        • Joined: 15-May 09

                        Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

                        View Postcdob, on May 21 2009, 12:30 PM, said:

                        View Postcfp, on May 21 2009, 11:54 AM, said:

                        SO just thought someone like to see why the current massstorage drivers behave this way WITH the faulty machine/motherboard hardware. If no one cares that is OK...

                        Any real hardware experience is highly welcome.
                        In real world there are a lot of driver exeptions. This has to be solved.

                        OverFlow is a driverpacks developer.

                        View PostOverFlow, on May 16 2009, 05:58 AM, said:

                        If you post at DriverPacks.net you will likely be offered to test a nightly to prove our fix :)
                        The issue will be solved in future.

                        In the meantime you or others may use the plugin fix.


                        see below for status on issue:

                        http://forum.driverp...id=31474#p31474
                        0

                        #12 User is offline   cfp Icon

                        • Newbie
                        • Pip
                          • Group: Members
                          • Posts: 6
                          • Joined: 15-May 09

                          Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

                          View Postcdob, on May 21 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

                          View Postcfp, on May 21 2009, 11:54 AM, said:

                          SO just thought someone like to see why the current massstorage drivers behave this way WITH the faulty machine/motherboard hardware. If no one cares that is OK...

                          Any real hardware experience is highly welcome.
                          In real world there are a lot of driver exeptions. This has to be solved.

                          OverFlow is a driverpacks developer.

                          View PostOverFlow, on May 16 2009, 05:58 AM, said:

                          If you post at DriverPacks.net you will likely be offered to test a nightly to prove our fix :)
                          The issue will be solved in future.

                          In the meantime you or others may use the plugin fix.



                          So I try lots of things and finally got past the STOP error by deleting just the single line ' PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409="amdide" ' from the TXTSETUP.SIF file. Then all OK.

                          Also got the same stop error after v8.12.4 DPsBASE utility for MassStorage v9.01 drivers DriverPacks into a source for DISC install of XP sp3. When tried to install XP proceeded OK through ' SetUp is Loading Files (.....) ' and ' SetUp is starting Windows ', but then immediately the stop error. Tried about 10 times or so and then a DIFFERENT stop error ' 0X000000A5 (0X00000011 0X00000006 0X00000000 0X00000000) with message about 'BIOS not fully ACPI compliant' ... turn off ACPI during text mode setup with the F7 key. So tried again and used the F7 key and install proceeded properly and finished.

                          Installed XP again after removing the line ' ' PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409="amdide" ' from the TXTSETUP.SIF file and install proceeded without any problems at all.

                          Hope this is a help to those who debug the DrivePacks MassStorage.
                          Let me know if you need more information.
                          0

                          #13 User is offline   OverFlow Icon

                          • Special Guest
                          • PipPip
                            • Group: DriverPacks.net Guru
                            • Posts: 95
                            • Joined: 17-October 07

                            Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

                            Your fix is a valid one... removing the HWID from txtsetup.sif
                            the standard pciide driver for windows will take care of text mode setup... (and BartPE)
                            and PnP will install the updated driver during the PE stage of windows setup for normal installation with DPS (DriverPacks).

                            this is accomplished in the mass storage pack by removing the HWID from the list in the mass storage INI file [AM] section

                            [AM]
                            ms_count=1
                            ms_1_deviceName="AMD PCI Bus Master IDE"
                            ms_1_tag="amdide"
                            ms_1_sysFile="amdbusdr.sys"
                            ms_1_hwids="PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7411,PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7441,PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7469"
                            ms_1_isBusExtender=true
                            ms_1_exc_replaceifOS="w2k3"

                            -
                            We will implement this fix in a nightly
                            if you get to the machine before we post the fix...
                            you can customize your local pack and test / report .

                            Thanks again for helping us to help you (and everyone else!)

                            PS I also think the wrong file is referenced it may also be that it will work If it the mass storage INI is written like this.

                            [AM]
                            ms_count=1
                            ms_1_deviceName="AMD PCI Bus Master IDE"
                            ms_1_tag="amdide"
                            ms_1_sysFile="AmdEide.sys"
                            ms_1_hwids="PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7409,PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7411,PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7441,PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7469"
                            ms_1_isBusExtender=true
                            ms_1_exc_replaceifOS="w2k3"

                            If you were able to test one or both of these fixes that would be awsome!
                            the second fix, if it works, may have some performance benefit,
                            but this second fix method might also require the plugin that cdob referenced

                            Original post... http://forum.driverp...id=31497#p31497

                            This post has been edited by OverFlow: 23 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

                            0

                            #14 User is offline   cfp Icon

                            • Newbie
                            • Pip
                              • Group: Members
                              • Posts: 6
                              • Joined: 15-May 09

                              Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

                              For a resolution of this problem go to :

                              http://forum.driverp...id=31514#p31514
                              0

                              Page 1 of 1
                              • You cannot start a new topic
                              • You cannot reply to this topic

                              1 User(s) are reading this topic
                              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users