UBCD4Win Forums: Parted Magic 4.1 plugin doesn't work - UBCD4Win Forums

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Parted Magic 4.1 plugin doesn't work

#1 User is offline   xpower7 Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Posts: 14
    • Joined: 24-May 09

    Post icon  Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

    Any help?

    The gparted plugin doesn't work too.
    Romans 8:35,37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
    0

    #2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

    • rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin
      • Posts: 6,037
      • Joined: 02-October 05
      • Gender:Male
      • Location:Norman, Ok. USA

      Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

      Since the both plugins were tested and work...


      Are you going to provide any info???
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....
      0

      #3 User is offline   xpower7 Icon

      • Newbie
      • Pip
        • Group: Members
        • Posts: 14
        • Joined: 24-May 09

        Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

        View Postrdsok, on May 25 2009, 11:00 PM, said:

        Since the both plugins were tested and work...


        Are you going to provide any info???


        Ok, let see...

        I downloaded the iso called pmagic-4.1.iso

        Downloaded the plugin called PMagic-1.9 from UBCD4Win main page.

        Extracted the plugin to C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\

        I moved the pmagic-4.1.iso to C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\PMagic-1.9\files\

        I ran UBCD4WinBuilder.exe

        Clicked Plugins button

        I clicked Config on the Parted Magic (1.9)

        "Extracting the iso image... "
        ECHO is off.
        "Done!"
        Press any key to continue . . .

        I press any key...

        I clicked Close...

        Pop up windows that says:

        Error PluginCheck fails... and a lot of missings files...

        I can't continue with the build.
        Romans 8:35,37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
        0

        #4 User is offline   rdsok Icon

        • rdsok
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Admin
          • Posts: 6,037
          • Joined: 02-October 05
          • Gender:Male
          • Location:Norman, Ok. USA

          Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

          Well... you must use the proper plugin for the version of Parted Magic you downloaded... there is one for v1.9 and one for 4.0 ... currently there isn't a plugin for v4.1
          Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....
          0

          #5 User is offline   xpower7 Icon

          • Newbie
          • Pip
            • Group: Members
            • Posts: 14
            • Joined: 24-May 09

            Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

            View Postrdsok, on May 26 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

            Well... you must use the proper plugin for the version of Parted Magic you downloaded... there is one for v1.9 and one for 4.0 ... currently there isn't a plugin for v4.1


            Yeah, I found plugin for 4.0, searching the forum is kind of confusing...
            Still, I got a few missing file and can't build.
            Romans 8:35,37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
            0

            #6 User is offline   cdob Icon

            • Special Guest
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Moderator & Development
              • Posts: 1,434
              • Joined: 19-October 05

              Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

              Which plugin do you use?
              Wich error messages do you get?

              Parted Magic Plugin for 4.0 does work at 4.1
              http://www.ubcd4win.com/...?showtopic=9484

              Extract files yourself, use rock ridge names.
              There are 'Test versions of Parted Magic' http://beefdrapes.partedmagic.com/
              0

              #7 User is offline   xpower7 Icon

              • Newbie
              • Pip
                • Group: Members
                • Posts: 14
                • Joined: 24-May 09

                Post icon  Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:53 PM

                View Postcdob, on May 26 2009, 01:57 PM, said:

                Which plugin do you use?
                Wich error messages do you get?

                Parted Magic Plugin for 4.0 does work at 4.1
                http://www.ubcd4win.com/...?showtopic=9484

                Extract files yourself, use rock ridge names.
                There are 'Test versions of Parted Magic' http://beefdrapes.partedmagic.com/


                I used Plugin for 4.0 and didn't work, I tried extracting the files manually and didn't work, I have no idea what "rock ridge names" is but I know what rick rolled is. :POk, I know, bad joke...
                Romans 8:35,37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
                0

                #8 User is offline   xpower7 Icon

                • Newbie
                • Pip
                  • Group: Members
                  • Posts: 14
                  • Joined: 24-May 09

                  Post icon  Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

                  Temporary Fix until someone fix the plugin for Parted Magic 4.1

                  1) Download the 4.0 plugin

                  2) Extract it to the C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\
                  Now you have the folder PMagic4 (I renamed the folder to PMagic4.1 to make it easy to identify)
                  Now you have this path C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\PMagic4.1\

                  3) Now move or copy the pmagic-4.1.iso at:
                  C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\PMagic4.1\files\

                  4) Now you need to edit some files in the PMagic4.1 folder:

                  a) Edit PMagic.inf; change line -> Name="!Multiboot: Parted Magic v4.0 <Press CONFIG>"
                  with -> Name="!Multiboot: Parted Magic v4.1 <Press CONFIG>"
                  Save it and close it.

                  b) Edit PMagic_BCDW.ini; change line ->
                  \BCDW\PMagic-BCDW.ini ;Parted Magic v4.0 ~ SubMenu ; Parted Magic v4.0

                  With:

                  \BCDW\PMagic-BCDW.ini ;Parted Magic v4.1 ~ SubMenu ; Parted Magic v4.1
                  Save it and close it.

                  c) Edit PMagic_Grub4dos.ini and again, change the 4.0 with 4.1

                  d) Edit PMagic_Syslinux.ini and again, change the 4.0 with 4.1


                  5) Now run the UBCD4WinBuilder.exe and click Plugins

                  6) Click on "!Multiboot: Parted Magic v4.1 <Press CONFIG>" line.
                  A windows poped up:
                  "Extracting the iso image... "
                  ECHO is off.
                  "Done!"
                  Press any key to continue . . .


                  7) THIS IS CRITICAL but easy to do:
                  a) Go to: C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\PMagic4.1\files\BOOT\SYSLINUX\
                  Rename the MODULES.PCI file to MODULES.PCIMAP

                  b) Go to: C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\PMagic4.1\files\PMAGIC\
                  Rename INITRAMF file to INITRAMFS

                  c) Go to: C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\PMagic4.1\files\PMAGIC\PMODULES\
                  Rename PMAGIC.SQF file to PMAGIC.SQFS


                  8) Now press the "Enable/Disable" button on the builder Plugin window to enable the plugin and the disk is ready to build.

                  I tested it and works without flaws.
                  Romans 8:35,37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
                  0

                  #9 User is offline   cdob Icon

                  • Special Guest
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Moderator & Development
                    • Posts: 1,434
                    • Joined: 19-October 05

                    Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

                    View Postxpower7, on May 27 2009, 12:53 AM, said:

                    I have no idea what "rock ridge names" is

                    http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Rock_Ridge

                    Quote

                    The Rock Ridge Interchange Protocol (RRIP, IEEE P1282) is an extension to the ISO 9660 volume format

                    Parted Magic use long Rock Ridge names, e.g. name initramfs.
                    0

                    #10 User is offline   ahull Icon

                    • Newbie
                    • Pip
                      • Group: Members
                      • Posts: 1
                      • Joined: 11-September 09

                      Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

                      Reviving this old topic with my first post...

                      I'm trying to use PCUser's Parted Magic 4.0 multiboot plugin with the current version of Parted Magic (4.4). I ran into the same problems described earlier in this thread, with an additional snag: the "MODULES.PCI" file referenced in the workaround nolonger exists. The closest is the "MODULES.ALI" file. Does anyone have any experience with this? If the files are the same and the name just changed, couldn't I just rename MODULES.ALI to MODULES.PCIMAP?

                      Any thoughts? Thanks,
                      Andy
                      0

                      #11 User is offline   cdob Icon

                      • Special Guest
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Group: Moderator & Development
                        • Posts: 1,434
                        • Joined: 19-October 05

                        Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:06 AM

                        View Postahull, on 11 September 2009 - 12:32 PM, said:

                        couldn't I just rename MODULES.ALI to MODULES.PCIMAP?

                        Try and report the behaviour.
                        0

                        #12 User is offline   pup Icon

                        • Member
                        • PipPip
                          • Group: Members
                          • Posts: 40
                          • Joined: 19-July 07

                          Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

                          Hi xpower7,
                          I have a different approach.
                          Just change a little bit the way of thinking, inside ubcd4win cd you will find beside bcdw as boot manager and also isolinux. You can use isolinux as a sub boot manager.
                          I made a multiboot DVD with more then 40 images without problem. PartedMagic v4.3, geexbox, puppy, avira rescue-cd, acronis.....continue what ever you like until the DVD is full.
                          Maybe you can use grub4dos as sub bootmanager, but Ive never tried.
                          Happy try!
                          0

                          #13 User is offline   xpower7 Icon

                          • Newbie
                          • Pip
                            • Group: Members
                            • Posts: 14
                            • Joined: 24-May 09

                            Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

                            View Postpup, on 12 September 2009 - 10:57 PM, said:

                            Hi xpower7,
                            I have a different approach.
                            Just change a little bit the way of thinking, inside ubcd4win cd you will find beside bcdw as boot manager and also isolinux. You can use isolinux as a sub boot manager.
                            I made a multiboot DVD with more then 40 images without problem. PartedMagic v4.3, geexbox, puppy, avira rescue-cd, acronis.....continue what ever you like until the DVD is full.
                            Maybe you can use grub4dos as sub bootmanager, but Ive never tried.
                            Happy try!


                            That's nice but I don't know much about that. I used the try and error aproach at that time because nobody helped me at the time, but I don't really know how things in UBCD works. I wish people be more helpful to others. Can you explain a little about that or point us to where I can find the info?
                            Romans 8:35,37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
                            0

                            #14 User is offline   cdob Icon

                            • Special Guest
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • Group: Moderator & Development
                              • Posts: 1,434
                              • Joined: 19-October 05

                              Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:05 AM

                              I like this http://partedmagic.c...so-booting.html

                              A old PartedMagic 3.0 plugin http://www.ubcd4win.com/...indpost&p=62851

                              A current PartedMagic 4.4 plugin
                              ; PartedMagic.inf
                              ; PE Builder v3 Plug-in INF for PartedMagic
                              
                              
                              ;http://partedmagic.com/documentation/124-grub4dos-iso-booting.html
                              
                              [Version]
                              Signature= "$Windows NT$"
                              
                              [PEBuilder]
                              Name="!Multiboot: PartedMagic 4.4"
                              Enable=1
                              
                              [WinntDirectories]
                              a="images",2
                              
                              [SourceDisksFiles]
                              files\pmagic-4.4.iso=a,,1
                              
                              files\grld2=30000,,1       ;gsar.exe -o -smenu.lst -rmen2.lst grld2
                              files\men2.lst=30000,,1
                              
                              [SetValue]
                              "BCDW\BCDW.INI","MenuItems","/grld2; Parted Magic 4.4 ;"," A Free Partitioning Tool"
                              grld2 is a renamed grub4dos grldr. This file is editet: menu.lst -> menu2.lst

                              files\men2.lst
                              default     0
                              timeout     0
                              
                              title Parted Magic 4.4 (iso in / and direct mapping and loading new grub4dos configfile)
                              ls /images/pmagic-4.4.iso || find --set-root /images/pmagic-4.4.iso
                              map /images/pmagic-4.4.iso (0xff)
                              map --hook
                              root (0xff)
                              configfile /boot/grub/grub4dos.lst


                              By the way:
                              IsoBuster support rock ridge extension. That way you can extract full names.
                              0

                              #15 User is offline   xpower7 Icon

                              • Newbie
                              • Pip
                                • Group: Members
                                • Posts: 14
                                • Joined: 24-May 09

                                Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

                                View Postcdob, on 13 September 2009 - 05:05 AM, said:

                                I like this http://partedmagic.c...so-booting.html

                                A old PartedMagic 3.0 plugin http://www.ubcd4win.com/...indpost&p=62851

                                A current PartedMagic 4.4 plugin
                                ; PartedMagic.inf
                                ; PE Builder v3 Plug-in INF for PartedMagic
                                
                                
                                ;http://partedmagic.com/documentation/124-grub4dos-iso-booting.html
                                
                                [Version]
                                Signature= "$Windows NT$"
                                
                                [PEBuilder]
                                Name="!Multiboot: PartedMagic 4.4"
                                Enable=1
                                
                                [WinntDirectories]
                                a="images",2
                                
                                [SourceDisksFiles]
                                files\pmagic-4.4.iso=a,,1
                                
                                files\grld2=30000,,1       ;gsar.exe -o -smenu.lst -rmen2.lst grld2
                                files\men2.lst=30000,,1
                                
                                [SetValue]
                                "BCDW\BCDW.INI","MenuItems","/grld2; Parted Magic 4.4 ;"," A Free Partitioning Tool"
                                grld2 is a renamed grub4dos grldr. This file is editet: menu.lst -> menu2.lst

                                files\men2.lst
                                default     0
                                timeout     0
                                
                                title Parted Magic 4.4 (iso in / and direct mapping and loading new grub4dos configfile)
                                ls /images/pmagic-4.4.iso || find --set-root /images/pmagic-4.4.iso
                                map /images/pmagic-4.4.iso (0xff)
                                map --hook
                                root (0xff)
                                configfile /boot/grub/grub4dos.lst


                                By the way:
                                IsoBuster support rock ridge extension. That way you can extract full names.


                                Uh... cdob... if you give some step by step instructions we may understand... This is my guess from what you said...

                                1) I made a PMagic4.4 folder...
                                2) I created a PartedMagic.inf and copy & paste the info you provided.
                                3) Them I created the files\men2.lst and copy & paste the info you provided.

                                Now trying to buid and I get the grld2 can't be found... Now what?

                                View Postpup, on 12 September 2009 - 10:57 PM, said:

                                Hi xpower7,
                                I have a different approach.
                                Just change a little bit the way of thinking, inside ubcd4win cd you will find beside bcdw as boot manager and also isolinux. You can use isolinux as a sub boot manager.
                                I made a multiboot DVD with more then 40 images without problem. PartedMagic v4.3, geexbox, puppy, avira rescue-cd, acronis.....continue what ever you like until the DVD is full.
                                Maybe you can use grub4dos as sub bootmanager, but Ive never tried.
                                Happy try!


                                Ok, that's very interesting and sounds easier, How do you do that? I have other isos I wish to add.
                                Obviously, adding a line to the BCDW.INI like "/isolinux/isolinux.bin; PMagic4.4; Free Partition Program; /images/pmagic-4.4.iso" doesn't works.

                                View Postahull, on 11 September 2009 - 12:32 PM, said:

                                Reviving this old topic with my first post...

                                I'm trying to use PCUser's Parted Magic 4.0 multiboot plugin with the current version of Parted Magic (4.4). I ran into the same problems described earlier in this thread, with an additional snag: the "MODULES.PCI" file referenced in the workaround nolonger exists. The closest is the "MODULES.ALI" file. Does anyone have any experience with this? If the files are the same and the name just changed, couldn't I just rename MODULES.ALI to MODULES.PCIMAP?

                                Any thoughts? Thanks,
                                Andy


                                Andy, this is what I'm going to do to help. Obviously, I'm not an expert but I try to help. I mixed some old and new files to the plugin, and don't ask me how but it works. I uploaded the whole plugin with the files so anyone can use it. Just extract it at "\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\" The path should be like this: "\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\PMagic4.4\", don't need to config anything. Just build. The file is big, it include PM4.4. Download it here:
                                http://hotfile.com/d...gic4.4.rar.html
                                Romans 8:35,37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
                                0

                                • (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

                                1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users