UBCD4Win Forums: Failure to connect to the internet with Ver 3.5 - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Failure to connect to the internet with Ver 3.5

#1 User is offline   jasonkaplan72 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

I just tranfered to USB using UBUSB.exe

I works OK but i can't get to the internet through IE

I says failure to connect network adapter. I tried mu UFD on other PC's still same problem

#2 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: BETA Tester
      • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

It appears that you are experiencing a network issue. See if the network card is being detected in the device manager and that will tell you why it is not connecting. How to fix... RTFM...

Side note... We are not Ms. Cleo at the Psychic friends network. Please detail what is going on and how you determined this along with how it is supposed to connect. No details, no help. Continued no details, continued belligerence.
      \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
      BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
      It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#3 User is offline   spok4 Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

Over the last year or so I have made many successful UBCD4win on CD and DVD depending on how much I add.

But here recently I have been working on making it work for USB, and it works fine but in the loading process as it loaded the network drivers and dns it errors out saying network devices not found. I have tried building 2 times so far on two different jump drives, and tested on 3 different computers. But 3.5 on a usb will not load the network drivers properly.

Any suggestions?

#4 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
        • PipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: BETA Tester
          • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hard to say. I have built multiple versions of the project and have the USB boot and never once have I had it not detect the network connection. Granted, I have not tried this most recent version. I would assume that the functionality that was there prior has not changed in so much as to render networking in effective. It is something to look into though. I don't have the time and ability to look into it personally myself but if another member could confirm... It should just work. Unless there is funky things going on.
          \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
          BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
          It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
          You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#5 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Are you guys building the ISO before copying to your usb drive?

You can disable the autobuild plugin that actually generates the ISO, but you must use the builders option to create ISO because that is where all the post building mods are made. The driver's inf files are modified at this point so its a requirement to let autobuild run.
            Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#6 User is offline   jasonkaplan72 Icon

• Pip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for your help. I selected to creat the ISO with the build and now I get networking.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users