• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HashME - MD5 hash utility 32 and 64 bit support for XP/Vista/Windows 7

#1 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

HashME is a small standalone program that adds an option to right click over any file and calculate the MD5 hash for it. To install it, simply double click HashME.exe then click "Yes". To uninstall it, double click HashME.exe then click "No".

When you right click over a file and choose "HashME" from the context menu, the MD5 hash is displayed and highlighted and at this point you can copy/paste it then click "Cancel" or you can click "Ok" to save it to file which will then display the "Save As" dialog box.

Enjoy!
    If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

You can also add Win7 RC 32b support to the list... unless they make further changes of course.

I might add that in Win7, Windows thought I was trying to run the file being hashed and asked if it was ok to run it... answering yes allowed HashMe to finish properly with no trouble.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for the report Randy. I just tested it on Win7 RC 64-bit and it worked fine as well.

I might add that in Win7, Windows thought I was trying to run the file being hashed and asked if it was ok to run it... answering yes allowed HashMe to finish properly with no trouble.

It did this for me too when I hashed the file that I just downloaded.
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users