UBCD4Win Forums: Is there a program built in that removes administrator privliges? - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a program built in that removes administrator privliges? For a class I am in

#1 User is offline   shadowhawk2020 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

I am in a pc repair class, we are at the portion of the class where we get to mess with each others computers. I want to take the admin accounts power away, then I want to unallocate all the excess space on the hard drive. Is there a program on this disk that will keep them from reassigning that space when they log in?

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

View Postshadowhawk2020, on 07 July 2009 - 07:46 PM, said:

I am in a pc repair class, we are at the portion of the class where we get to mess with each others computers. I want to take the admin accounts power away, then I want to unallocate all the excess space on the hard drive. Is there a program on this disk that will keep them from reassigning that space when they log in?

It would be unethical for us to tell you how to do things of that nature which could have far reaching security issues. Even if you really do have the permission to perform it we have no way to verify that.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

Is there a program built in that removes administrator privliges?

No
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#4 User is offline   shadowhawk2020 Icon

• Pip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

View Postrdsok, on 07 July 2009 - 08:17 PM, said:

View Postshadowhawk2020, on 07 July 2009 - 07:46 PM, said:

It would be unethical for us to tell you how to do things of that nature which could have far reaching security issues. Even if you really do have the permission to perform it we have no way to verify that.

No prob, I understand. I thought about that after I posted the thread, then I tried to think of ways to prove why I am doing it. Then i realized you telling me how in a post would be oout there for peoplee who did want to do other systems harm...

#5 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

I say dump the bios to file so you can reverse engineer it and modify it to be a minesweeper clone, then flash it back.
            If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#6 User is offline   chuckr_jcr Icon

• PipPipPip
              • Interests:Learning more computer skills...

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:38 AM

View Postshadowhawk2020, on 07 July 2009 - 06:46 PM, said:

I am in a pc repair class, we are at the portion of the class where we get to mess with each others computers.

This might be "cute" to play with, if you can put it on their computers and enable it as the screensaver:

http://technet.micro...s/bb897558.aspx

Be sure to "check it out" before you put it on their computers, though: B)

It leaves the display in 640x480 and could be difficult to reset back to higher res,
              using Display properties, etc...

(At worst, a reboot)
              "Inquiring minds would like to know..."

#7 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
              • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

I sometimes miss the 9x days when you could mess with people by setting shell=progman.exe in system.ini.. Would really freak out some people that had never used earlier versions and only knew the explorer shell..

#8 User is offline   bengt Icon

• Skeptic
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

Remove The Administrator's admin rights or a user's admin rights? software exist for that

to mess with the admin, change his/her ........

This post has been edited by bengt: 08 July 2009 - 07:30 AM

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users