• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plugins in Version 3.50 Plugins 'Firefox' and 'install BartPE to HDD'

#1 User is offline   teobromina Icon

• PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Portable freeware

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

I have updated recently to v 3.50. The software collection of this version is impresive!

I choosed Firefox as an application to be included in the CD building, by using the plugins menu of UBCD4Win PE Builder. The CD ran fine, but I could not make Firefox to run. It crashed every time when I started it. So I choosed to include Opera instead, in an other CD building. I saved about 20 Mb, but I would prefer to have Firefox.

On the other hand I saw that, during the CD ISO image building, a CMD started and the '/minint' and '/programs' directories were copied to the partition C: of the HD. I though that the plugin was designed to enable the CD to install UBCD4Win into an HD, in a later operation, when running Windows from the CD.

I do not know if someone else has experienced the same thing. I do not know if this is correct or not. Perhaps the function of plugins setup in the CD building operation needs more online help :rolleyes:

Regards.

*JT.

This post has been edited by teobromina: 12 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

What you do, do quikly (Jn 13:27)

#2 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

If you enabled the autobuild plugin labeled "[Autobuild]90: Install BartPE to HDD" then it WILL copy those files to the hard drive.

The current version of FireFox seems to randomly crash for a lot of users depending on their system hardware, so hopefully the next program update will take care of that issue.
      In short, it's not anything we can control and is in the hands of it's developers.
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#3 User is offline   teobromina Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

View Posthilander999, on 13 July 2009 - 04:38 AM, said:

If you enabled the autobuild plugin labeled "[Autobuild]90: Install BartPE to HDD" then it WILL copy those files to the hard drive.

Thank you hilander999. Now I know that there is nothing wrong, but, what is the purpose to copy those files on the HD in this stage? How can I take profit of having another (this copy) of the basic folders of the UBCD4Win in my HD? I though that the purpose of this plugin was to allow UBCD4Win to be really 'installed' in a blank HD, as an autonomous OS, to boot the computer with it.

This is still a mistery for me...

*JT.

#4 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
        • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hi teobromina

If you Have Win XP on your C: drive you can install ubcd4win (or BartPE) alongside it
          Windows in c:\windows + c:\Program Files
          and ubcd4win in c:\MiniNT + c:\Programs
          It changes c:\boot.ini and gives you the option to start Windows or BartPE

Two uses
          1) If your Windows gets badly corrupted it is easier than the emergency command console to use
          2) to test ubcd4win you can make changes, debug problems with new plugins etc

regards
          Michael Barnes

This post has been edited by mbarnes: 13 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

#5 User is offline   teobromina Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

View Postmbarnes, on 13 July 2009 - 09:44 PM, said:

It changes c:\boot.ini and gives you the option to start Windows or BartPE

Thanks Michael, This sounds logical.
            But it is the case that I have not got changed my 'boot.ini' file, so I have not the option to boot with UBCD4Win from my HD. Could you, please, write the line that this UBCD4Win plugin append to the 'boot.ini' file, so that I can add it by hand?

Regards.

*JT.

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users