UBCD4Win Forums: So Many Build Errors... - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So Many Build Errors... ...so little clue.

#1 User is offline   candrews81 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm getting too many errors for the builder to be able to make an ISO, using the out-of-the-box configuration. Many of them are missing file errors; however I can verify that the files the program is looking for are present in their source directories and able to be copied without any problems. I've included all the errors I'm getting below, in the original order and clustered the same way. Does anyone know why I'm having such trouble? I haven't been able to find any information for troubleshooting something like this. Thanks!

-C

Error Log:

Error: SetupIterateCabinet() "D:\I386\driver.cab" returned error 13: The data is invalid.
    Error: fileCopy() Closing/saving the registry hives

Error: CreateFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\INF\NETMSCLI.INF" returned error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Error: fopen() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\INF\NETMSCLI.INF" returned error: 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Error: delLine() failed 0: The operation completed successfully. (Line 0 String "netmscli.inf,MSClient.ndi.AddReg,HKR, Ndi,            HelpText,")
    Error: doInfAppend() file="C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.inf" failed

Error: CreateFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\Programs\Nu2Menu\nu2menu.xml" returned error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: CreateFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\PRFLDRS.INI" returned error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Error: fopen() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\PRFLDRS.INI" returned error: 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Error: addLine() failed 0: The operation completed successfully. (Line 0 String "PRFLDRS.INI,folders,%USERPROFILE%\Templates")

Error: CreateFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF" returned error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: cannot find file: UjhPF
    Error: addLine() failed 0: The operation completed successfully. (Line 0 String "BCDW\BCDW.INI,InitOptions,logo")

Error: cannot find file: BCDW\BCDW.INI
    Error: appendFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\dban\" returned error 87: The parameter is incorrect. ().

Error: appendFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\FreeDos\" returned error 87: The parameter is incorrect. ().

Error: appendFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\goback\" returned error 87: The parameter is incorrect. ().

Error: appendFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\memtest-3.5\" returned error 87: The parameter is incorrect. ().

Error: appendFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\NTFS4DOS\" returned error 87: The parameter is incorrect. ().

Error: appendFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\offline\" returned error 87: The parameter is incorrect. ().

Error: appendFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\WindowsCMDC\" returned error 87: The parameter is incorrect. ().

Error: File "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\NTDETECT.COM" not found
    Error: File "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\SETUPLDR.BIN" not found
    Error: File "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\BIOSINFO.INF" not found
    Warning: File "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE" not found
    Error: SetupOpenInfFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\txtsetup.sif" returned error 317: (null)

#2 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hi candrews81

I am posting the file input.inf

post yours so we can see if anything in it is wrong

what sort of Windows are you using as the source ?

regards

Mike Barnes

[LicenseAgreed]
      UBCD4Win PE Builder-3.1.10a=1
      F:\XPsp3CD\i386\eula.txt=1

[input]
      NoUpperCase=0
      verbose=0
      ISOduplicatesonce=0
      skipfiles=0
      verify=1
      skipregistry=0
      buildiso=1
      burncd=0
      eject=0
      blankcdrw=1
      useAbsoluteOutput=0
      burnusing=0
      customdir=
      isofile=F:\UBCD4Win350\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso
      outdir=BartPE
      fulloutdir=F:\UBCD4Win350\BartPE
      source=F:\XPsp3CD\
      volumeid=
      device=
      langfile=
      pluginColumns=55,403,330

CleanIsoAfterBurn=0
      CleanOutputAfterBurn=0

#3 User is offline   cdob Icon

• Special Guest
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

Error: SetupIterateCabinet() "D:\I386\driver.cab" returned error 13: The data is invalid.

Check your source files.
        As for testing: open driver.cab and expand all files.
        Use another source files.

Which protection software do you use?
        Boot to safe mode and try again.

#4 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

Is D:\ your cd/dvd rom drive? It's a good idea to copy your source files to the hard drive.
          If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#5 User is offline   candrews81 Icon

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Hello, Gents. Thanks for your replies. I checked my input.inf file and it seems to be intact; the only differences I see are in directory paths and an extra EULA line that probably got there because I tried running builds using both a CD and my HDD as a source. Anyhoo, I posted it at the end.

I'm using a copy of my original Windows XP Pro CD as my source, into which I've slipstreamed SP2. I also tried slipstreaming SP3 in just in case that would help, but I get the same results. I also tried using a different Xp CD belonging to my fiancee, which had SP1 on the disk. I got the same errors every time. The only way I can get different errors is by changing the plugins that are loaded, but it still won't build an ISO. My PC is running AVG antivirus, which I've tried disabling to no effect.

I verified my CAB files are not corrupted by extracting them, scanning them with NDD, and by actually using the CD to complete a windows install on a test machine. What I'm going to do now is pound my face against my desk until I no longer care that I can't get this to work.

Input.inf:

[LicenseAgreed]
            UBCD4Win PE Builder-3.1.10a=1
            E:\WinXP\i386\eula.txt=1
            D:\i386\eula.txt=1

[input]
            NoUpperCase=0
            verbose=0
            ISOduplicatesonce=0
            skipfiles=0
            verify=1
            skipregistry=0
            buildiso=1
            burncd=0
            eject=0
            blankcdrw=1
            useAbsoluteOutput=0
            burnusing=0
            customdir=
            isofile=C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso
            outdir=BartPE
            fulloutdir=C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE
            source=E:\WinXP\
            volumeid=
            device=
            langfile=
            pluginColumns=55,494,330

CleanIsoAfterBurn=0
            CleanOutputAfterBurn=0

#6 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

What I'm going to do now is pound my face against my desk until I no longer care that I can't get this to work.

I was going to suggest that initially but then noticed that the source files weren't copied to your hard drive before building.

Maybe try building on that test machine you just did the clean install on?
              If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users