• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ubcd4Win & Wireless Card Dell wireless card didn't get detected

#1 User is offline   lcc014 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

I am using the latest version of UBCD4Win, v3.5. After the UBCD4Win booted up in my Dell D610 laptop, it could only detect the onboard Broadcom Ethernet card but not the Dell onboard wireless card.

How can I make UBCD4Win to detect the wireless card such that I can use it to access Internet to update the AntiSpyware definition.

TIA,

Ching-Ho Cheng

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

Enable the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers. These are not enabled by default because of the size that it adds to the build. You will likely have to disable some other plugins if you are building a CD instead of a DVD or USB boot device.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   lcc014 Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

View Postrdsok, on 17 July 2009 - 09:24 AM, said:

Enable the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers. These are not enabled by default because of the size that it adds to the build. You will likely have to disable some other plugins if you are building a CD instead of a DVD or USB boot device.

Thanks for the response. Does the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers belong to one of the plugin such that I can enable/disabe ?

Ching-Ho Cheng

#4 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

There have been topic threads in the past on D610 wireless. I recommend a search for these. I made D610 wireless work from the information in those messages in the year 2007.

#5 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

View Postlcc014, on 17 July 2009 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thanks for the response. Does the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers belong to one of the plugin such that I can enable/disabe ?

Ching-Ho Cheng

In the time it took you to ask that question... you could have simply looked and already would have had your answer.
            Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#6 User is offline   YODA Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

View Postrdsok, on 17 July 2009 - 07:22 PM, said:

Ching-Ho Cheng

In the time it took you to ask that question... you could have simply looked and already would have had your answer.

What is wrong with you?
              Is answering such a simple question really that hard?

Let me take a whack at it for ya....

Does the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers belong to one of the plugin such that I can enable/disabe ?
              YES

...Now was that really all that difficult?

#7 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

View PostYODA, on 17 July 2009 - 07:48 PM, said:

What is wrong with you?

No, it's not hard at all... we just try to encourage the users to actually think first and don't expect to have to babysit them in the process.

#8 User is offline   YODA Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

View Postrdsok, on 17 July 2009 - 08:55 PM, said:

What is wrong with you?

No, it's not hard at all... we just try to encourage the users to actually think first and don't expect to have to babysit them in the process.

Someone has to serve your french fries, don't you think they need more help on occasion?

#9 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

View PostYODA, on 17 July 2009 - 07:56 PM, said:

Someone has to serve your french fries, don't you think they need more help on occasion?

That would depend on if those are plain ole' fries or fancy curly fries... ketchup please!

#10 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

View Postrdsok, on 17 July 2009 - 09:03 PM, said:

View PostYODA, on 17 July 2009 - 07:56 PM, said:

That would depend on if those are plain ole' fries or fancy curly fries... ketchup please!

I think anything less then a side of CHEESE is a waste for curly fries.
                      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#11 User is offline   lcc014 Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

View Postrdsok, on 17 July 2009 - 07:22 PM, said:

Ching-Ho Cheng

What is wrong with you?

Let me take a whack at it for ya....

Does the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers belong to one of the plugin such that I can enable/disabe ?
                        YES

...Now was that really all that difficult?

I tried to enable the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers in the plugin menu but still the Dell 1390 wireless card was not recognized. I will try to search this forum to see any members had made it work for them.

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

#12 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

View Postlcc014, on 17 July 2009 - 08:59 PM, said:

I tried to enable the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers in the plugin menu but still the Dell 1390 wireless card was not recognized. I will try to search this forum to see any members had made it work for them.

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

If you do create your own plugin for the specific model of WLAN adapter... disable the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers so the version of files that package has doesn't overwrite the ones you supply.

PS... After my comment about looking first before asking a question... just ignore those, we were playing around between ourselves... they weren't directed at you, we were bored. I'm only explaining that just in case you were not already aware that we were just joking with each other.

#13 User is offline   lcc014 Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:53 AM

View Postrdsok, on 17 July 2009 - 11:41 PM, said:

View Postlcc014, on 17 July 2009 - 08:59 PM, said:

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

If you do create your own plugin for the specific model of WLAN adapter... disable the Driverpacks.net WLAN drivers so the version of files that package has doesn't overwrite the ones you supply.

PS... After my comment about looking first before asking a question... just ignore those, we were playing around between ourselves... they weren't directed at you, we were bored. I'm only explaining that just in case you were not already aware that we were just joking with each other.

That's fine ;-} I found the Dell 610 posts and removed the Linksys driver has the same name as Dell 13xx driver. I will rebuild and try again.

BTW, do I have to slipstream SP3 everytime when I create a new boot disk even the slipstream does not take too long to perform.

I also have difficulty to enable the malwarebytes plugin. It gave me error saying that program (mamb.exe) not found. This only happens to my laptop. In my desktop, it works fine. Both UBCD4Win (laptop and desktop) are the same version: 3.5.

I have not created any own plugin yet because I am still new to UBCD4Win. Need some time to learn all the tricks from all of you (the senior)....

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

#14 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

If you kept the SP3 source files you created earlier, you won't have to recreate them, you just keep them selected as your source.

To use the MBAM plugin, you must first install it. We don't have permission to distribute their files. Also at this time, MBAM has a problem which recently showed up, they are working on it but its not fixed yet, so don't enable this plugin at this time.

#15 User is offline   lcc014 Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

View Postrdsok, on 18 July 2009 - 12:43 PM, said:

If you kept the SP3 source files you created earlier, you won't have to recreate them, you just keep them selected as your source.

To use the MBAM plugin, you must first install it. We don't have permission to distribute their files. Also at this time, MBAM has a problem which recently showed up, they are working on it but its not fixed yet, so don't enable this plugin at this time.

Thanks for the update on the MBAM plugin. My wireless is working now!!! Thank you for the help. I removed the linksys driver directory and rebuild. I still could not get wireless. But wireless card was detected by device manager but was not enabled (yellow !). I then checked the driver's date that came with UBCD4WIN, it was 2005. The driver loaded in my XP was 2007. So, I replaced the wireless driver in UBCD4WIN directories with the latest driver bcmwl5.sys and bcmwl5.inf. I rebuilt again and booted the DVD. Wireless card was detected and fully functional.

I will wait for the MBAM fix then enable this plugin.

Thanks again.

Ching-Ho Cheng

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users