Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Update Crossloop?

#1 User is offline   cwhitmore Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

I can't seem to get CrossLoop to connect properly. I noticed that it's several versions behind (2.31, current is 2.51). How can I update my current UBCD4WIN boot image with this newer version?

#2 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

I will let someone else explain updating Crossloop. I want to comment that I have never had any luck with this program through UBCD4WIN or installing it directly on the OS of two computers located miles apart. I suppose I should set two laptops on my lap and experiment. Good luck with this. :)I use of WebEx for remote control, but that is a business option that I cannot use with family or friends.

#3 User is offline   ben_mott Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

hello ,
        the plugin on ubcd4win 3.5 works OK I just tested it
        Read this:
        http://www.crossloop...help/howitworks
        the other pc got explicitly give permission to connect, it is notlike Hamachi:

https://secure.logme...arted_Guide.pdf

that connects without permission if hammachi is running on other PC from startup.
        for a free program crossloop is fantastic.

regards Ben
        PS I am no good at plugins so I can not help with you updating to new version.

This post has been edited by ben_mott: 27 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

#4 User is offline   cwhitmore Icon

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

Ben,
          You seem to be the only person using UBCD4WIN that has this working. Can you tell me what steps you used to get this working? Did you load all of the VNC plugins?
          I've tried to access a laptop with UBCD4WIN OS loaded from my Vista Biz OS. It says it's connected, but I don't get the viewer screen.
          If I boot the laptop from XP Pro it works fine going both ways.

View Postben_mott, on 27 July 2009 - 03:27 PM, said:

hello ,
          Read this:

that connects without permission if hammachi is running on other PC from startup.

regards Ben

#5 User is offline   Gedrean Icon

• Advanced Member
          • PipPipPipPip
            • Group: BETA Tester

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

I've gotten it working as well - granted both machines were running U4W so they both had same version of Crossloop - that would be a good reason to update it - so we're working with the newest version that can be downloaded on another machine as well. Honestly, Crossloop is useful but I don't think that two diff versions are cross compatible.

View Postcwhitmore, on 31 July 2009 - 10:24 AM, said:

Ben,
            You seem to be the only person using UBCD4WIN that has this working. Can you tell me what steps you used to get this working? Did you load all of the VNC plugins?
            I've tried to access a laptop with UBCD4WIN OS loaded from my Vista Biz OS. It says it's connected, but I don't get the viewer screen.
            If I boot the laptop from XP Pro it works fine going both ways.

View Postben_mott, on 27 July 2009 - 03:27 PM, said:

hello ,
            Read this:

regards Ben

Here since February 2007, and just now got 7 demerits. I love me some Troll thread.

#6 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Admin

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

I do find it quite humorous when a person makes such an illogical assumption as this one had...

Just because only one person responded to your question doesn't automatically mean they are the only one that was able to make it work... geez

It's almost as funny as the infactuation that people have with always wanting the very latest version of a program. If a new program update doesn't include a new feature you need or doesn't address a real problem... there are few reasons to use or update to it. In fact, some program updates actually remove very useful features and users that just blindly update will actually loose out by doing so. Need an example, ok... DriveImageXML used to be free to both business and home users, now its only for personal ( home ) use only. IrfanView dropped support from some older graphic file formats... I'm sure there are other examples but these should be enough for this point to be made.
              Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#7 User is offline   cwhitmore Icon

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

I was simply refering to the 15+ posts on this same subject from other threads. I can easily boot my PC with UBCD4WIN and remotely access PCs for our non-profit.

I realize that you can't keep every program updated, nor do I think anyone expects that, I was just asking Ben how he was able to get it working.

View Postrdsok, on 31 July 2009 - 02:09 PM, said:

I do find it quite humorous when a person makes such an illogical assumption as this one had...

Just because only one person responded to your question doesn't automatically mean they are the only one that was able to make it work... geez

It's almost as funny as the infactuation that people have with always wanting the very latest version of a program. If a new program update doesn't include a new feature you need or doesn't address a real problem... there are few reasons to use or update to it. In fact, some program updates actually remove very useful features and users that just blindly update will actually loose out by doing so. Need an example, ok... DriveImageXML used to be free to both business and home users, now its only for personal ( home ) use only. IrfanView dropped support from some older graphic file formats... I'm sure there are other examples but these should be enough for this point to be made.

#8 User is offline   ben_mott Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

Hello again,

sorry did not answer earlier I was away for few days

on my UBCD4win I got this plugin from Joshua
                  PE Builder V3.1.10a plugins

and on my Pc I can see the icon of VNC server next to the clock
                  so it must be starting at start up
                  ; PE Builder v3 plug-in INF file for crossloop.
                  ; Created by Joshua
                  ; Version 1.1 - 16.10.2008
                  ; http://www.drowaelde...npe/PEIndex.htm
                  and real VNC server is enabled in plugins (yes)

regards Ben

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users