UBCD4Win Forums: Command Line To Generate Iso? - UBCD4Win Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Command Line To Generate Iso? How to make an ISO without going through the Winbuilder proc again

#1 User is offline   Terpenoid Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 02-June 04

    Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

    Here's my question. I have gone through the process and made a bootable UBCD4Win disk. I am happy with it except that it's too big. I can go into the Bart folder and trim out some language files, fonts, etc. Nothing important, just unwanted files.

    Then how do I make a new ISO without running Winbuilder again?
    0

    #2 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

    • Ultimate Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Posts: 506
      • Joined: 13-November 05

      Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

      Hi
      if you look in ubcd4winbuilder.log you will see a line similar to

      "F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\mkisofs.exe" -iso-level 4 -volid ""UBCD4Windows"" -A PEBUILDER/MKISOFS -sysid ""Win32"" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide boot.catalog -allow-lowercase -R -U -sort F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\pe_sort.txt -duplicates-once -b BOOTSECT.BIN -hide BOOTSECT.BIN -o "F:\UBCD4Win350\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso" .   2>&1  | mtee /+ F:\UBCD4Win350\autobuild.log 

      (note the . is significant)

      you could simplify to
      "F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\mkisofs.exe" -iso-level 4 -volid ""UBCD4Windows"" -A PEBUILDER/MKISOFS -sysid ""Win32"" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide boot.catalog -allow-lowercase -R -U -sort F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\pe_sort.txt -duplicates-once -b BOOTSECT.BIN -hide BOOTSECT.BIN -o "F:\UBCD4Win350\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso"  "F:\UBCD4Win350\bartpe"


      but change all paths to reflect actual location of files eg change F:\UBCD4Win350
      paste into notepad and save as build.cmd or similar

      regards

      Mike Barnes
      0

      #3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

      • Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development
        • Posts: 3,889
        • Joined: 20-November 04
        • Gender:Male
        • Location:Kneebrasskee

        Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

        You can also open UBCD4WinBuilder.exe again and press F5. This will rebuild the iso from your existing BartPE folder.
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

        Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal
        0

        #4 User is offline   cdob Icon

        • Special Guest
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator & Development
          • Posts: 1,435
          • Joined: 19-October 05

          Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

          View Postmbarnes, on 05 August 2009 - 03:49 PM, said:

          (note the . is significant)
          Yes, that's true. Change directory to F:\UBCD4Win350\BartPE
          That way there are sorted files within the ISO file.

          Quote

          you could simplify to
          Yes, that's true too. This simplified command gives working results. Works in most cases.
          Sorting is nice, but not required always.

          @Terpenoid
          F5 is the recommended approach.
          0

          #5 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

          • Project Development
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development
            • Posts: 3,662
            • Joined: 28-September 05
            • Gender:Male

            Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

            Quote

            Then how do I make a new ISO without running Winbuilder again?


            Just to clarify things a little, you mention using UBCD4WIN and then mention not wanting to run WINBUILDER again...
            UBCD4WIN does not use winbuilder at all. UBCD4WIN uses an OEM version of Bart's PE Builder.
            Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire
            0

            #6 User is offline   Terpenoid Icon

            • Newbie
            • Pip
              • Group: Members
              • Posts: 6
              • Joined: 02-June 04

              Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:13 PM

              Thanks Mike - that's exactly what I needed to know.

              View Postmbarnes, on 05 August 2009 - 01:49 PM, said:

              Hi
              if you look in ubcd4winbuilder.log you will see a line similar to

              "F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\mkisofs.exe" -iso-level 4 -volid ""UBCD4Windows"" -A PEBUILDER/MKISOFS -sysid ""Win32"" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide boot.catalog -allow-lowercase -R -U -sort F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\pe_sort.txt -duplicates-once -b BOOTSECT.BIN -hide BOOTSECT.BIN -o "F:\UBCD4Win350\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso" .   2>&1  | mtee /+ F:\UBCD4Win350\autobuild.log 

              (note the . is significant)

              you could simplify to
              "F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\mkisofs.exe" -iso-level 4 -volid ""UBCD4Windows"" -A PEBUILDER/MKISOFS -sysid ""Win32"" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide boot.catalog -allow-lowercase -R -U -sort F:\UBCD4Win350\temp\pe_sort.txt -duplicates-once -b BOOTSECT.BIN -hide BOOTSECT.BIN -o "F:\UBCD4Win350\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso"  "F:\UBCD4Win350\bartpe"


              but change all paths to reflect actual location of files eg change F:\UBCD4Win350
              paste into notepad and save as build.cmd or similar

              regards

              Mike Barnes

              0

              #7 User is offline   Terpenoid Icon

              • Newbie
              • Pip
                • Group: Members
                • Posts: 6
                • Joined: 02-June 04

                Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

                I figured that there had to be a simple method by now since I'm a latecomer to this wonderful tool. :)
                Thank you.

                View Postpcuser, on 05 August 2009 - 02:19 PM, said:

                You can also open UBCD4WinBuilder.exe again and press F5. This will rebuild the iso from your existing BartPE folder.

                0

                #8 User is offline   Terpenoid Icon

                • Newbie
                • Pip
                  • Group: Members
                  • Posts: 6
                  • Joined: 02-June 04

                  Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

                  I apologise for being a bit free with terminology. I used Winbuilder as short form for UBCD4WinBuilder.exe.


                  View Posthilander999, on 05 August 2009 - 03:50 PM, said:

                  Quote

                  Then how do I make a new ISO without running Winbuilder again?


                  Just to clarify things a little, you mention using UBCD4WIN and then mention not wanting to run WINBUILDER again...
                  UBCD4WIN does not use winbuilder at all. UBCD4WIN uses an OEM version of Bart's PE Builder.

                  0

                  #9 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

                  • Project Development
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Moderator & Development
                    • Posts: 3,662
                    • Joined: 28-September 05
                    • Gender:Male

                    Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

                    Quote

                    I apologise for being a bit free with terminology. I used Winbuilder as short form for UBCD4WinBuilder.exe.

                    OK, first time for everything I guess. I'm surprised that in all this time, I've never seen anyone abbreviate the builders' name before.

                    Just so you know, there is a totally different scripting system called winbuilder, which is located at www.boot-land.net
                    Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire
                    0

                    Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic

                    1 User(s) are reading this topic
                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users