UBCD4Win Forums: Maybe A Dumb Question: Reatogo Plugins->bartpe ? - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maybe A Dumb Question: Reatogo Plugins->bartpe ? (please be gentle if it's a really dumb question !)

#1 User is offline   smallhagrid Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

Hi.
    I use and like both BartPE and Reatogo (not as much as BartPE though) and since I am more comfortable with BartPE and also have some plugins for Reatogo that I don't have for BartPE, I wonder if there is a way to use them ?
    (I tried searching this and the other thing I asked about and got way too many results with seemingly unrelated topic names, and I am sorry if I'm re-asking an old question.)

Soon I will start learning how to use/customize UBCD4WIN, but for now I need to make what I've already got work because I am short on free time for a while.

Thanks !

mark

#2 User is offline   bengt Icon

• Skeptic
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

I assume that you have both projects? UBCD4Win and Reatogo?
      This would of course mean that you actually would have to do some work but a simple comparison between some plugins will give you the answer.

(yes I know, same answer as in the 911cd.net forum.)

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Has anyone tried getting support for reatogo? Oh wait, I forgot.....he quit making releases when he couldn't make money from it anymore!!!

Their plugins are setup just slightly different than the way ours are. By default we do not do plugins configured with the bloated Win Explorer as the shell. So you will have to make XML files for most of the plugins you pull from that. Just look at a few of our existing XML files to get an idea of how they need to be setup.
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#4 User is offline   Bastian Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

View PostSteelTrepid, on 14 August 2009 - 06:37 PM, said:

Has anyone tried getting support for reatogo? Oh wait, I forgot.....he quit making releases when he couldn't make money from it anymore!!!

Their plugins are setup just slightly different than the way ours are. By default we do not do plugins configured with the bloated Win Explorer as the shell. So you will have to make XML files for most of the plugins you pull from that. Just look at a few of our existing XML files to get an idea of how they need to be setup.

Wasn't Reatogo the basis for much of the setup for UBCD3WIN?

#5 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development
            • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:49 AM

View PostBastian, on 20 August 2009 - 07:25 AM, said:

Wasn't Reatogo the basis for much of the setup for UBCD3WIN?

absolutely not! :blink:

Joshua
            my plugin homepage:
            <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#6 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

That is SO FREAK'N funny!!!!
              If you follow the history correctly, you will find that I started UBCD4Win WAY before that money hungry jerk Seigfried started reatocrap. UBCD4Win has always been free and always will be. Reatogo started out as paid software but thanks to me messing with him for a few years he changed that model to free I think. Then when he wasn't making money anymore, decided to ditch his project.

We have been going strong since April 2004!!

#7 User is offline   Bastian Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

Sorry. Maybe I was thinking UBCD ( http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ ). That was a good CD also.

#8 User is offline   smallhagrid Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

Wow. Such a battle over such a small thing.
                  I cannot say I favor this one over the other one; that anyone does such big work
                  impresses me and they each have their ups/downs/strong points/etc. .
                  The extremely technical stuff combined with all the arguing had just one effect
                  upon me: It made me seek other, simpler, more peaceful solutions and as a result
                  I haven't even tried to make another bootCD. I may sometime though once I forget
                  what happened before...for now I've enjoyed smelling the flowers and watching
                  the trees and the little chipmunks which play incessantly - they seem cheerful.

Best Wishes,

mark

#9 User is offline   pumpkin Icon

• Don't forget your wives!!!!
                  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

That's sweet, have fun with your chipmunks.
                    Just a cow

#10 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

You put your heart and soul into something and give it away for 5 1/2 years, then you will be able to honestly comment on this.

My comment back then was probably a bit harsh, but I like the truth to be known. We started this with the intention of helping people. We do not get paid or anything else when someone uses or boots a UBCD4Win disc so why would we care if you use it or not? You are doing yourself a disservice by not trying it because of something so petty.

#11 User is offline   smallhagrid Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

SteelTrepid, I think your work is amazing and wonderful and I highly respect that you've been so generous and good in doing it and giving it to the world.

I must also say that I think other work is amazing too - whilst refusing to stand in any position of judgement about the people who have done it (Karma takes care of that, eventually - I cannot claim such wisdom.).

A comparison between this subject and something unrelated:
                        I was recently talking with someone I know who is for sure a devoted, but quite functional alcoholic - and was a bit amused to hear harsh criticism of another person for his over-use of prescription drugs who was being called a 'junkie'.
                        From my POV I see each of these people as they are and have learned valuable things from both of them.
                        Do I (personally) dare to point an accusing finger at either person ? Nope.
                        I am sitting here drinking some of my daily coffee right now - so I am an addict too by many definitions - and who am I to throw stones ?

Many people think they will make their 'first fortune' by emulating the greedy actions of the big corporations - and they usually end up angry and bitter because the truth is revealed at some point that they are NOT those corporations and as such will never amass such ridiculous wealth as a result.

As a wonderful opposite I see generous people such as yourself as being a serious part of the solutions to the greed problems - and I think it is important to tell such giving people that they, and the work they generously give, are appreciated.

A question/suggestion from an ignorant guy (please be gentle in answering...):
                        Would it be possible to make a bit of code that would act as a plug-in converter so that your project would be that much smarter than the others because it is capable of assimilating their plug-ins easily in addition to it's own ? Just a thought...

Thank you.

mark

#12 User is offline   Eclipz Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:24 PM

If you are so "ZEN" and have such a belief or opinions about "Pointing fingers" then why sir are YOU pointing fingers? let it be and let people move on. $*(# Stirring gets you no where and before long you will only see "You are unable to login or Post because your IP/Domain is Banned."
                          And yes i am pointing fingers... :rolleyes:

#13 User is offline   smallhagrid Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Wow.
                            My posts have been intended as appreciative and complimentary, so I must ask:

View PostEclipz, on 20 October 2009 - 02:24 PM, said:

If you are so "ZEN" and have such a belief or opinions about "Pointing fingers" then why sir are YOU pointing fingers? let it be and let people move on. $*(# Stirring gets you no where and before long you will only see "You are unable to login or Post because your IP/Domain is Banned."

Are you a mod here sir ?
                            Are you preparing to ban me from this discussion board sir ?
                            Did I post in an incomprehensible foreign language ?
                            Is there some reason you sir, feel compelled to flame me, personally ?
                            (I am VERY far from Texas...and have never met you.)

Best Wishes,

mark

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users