• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blue Screens

#1 User is offline   heatherbabes Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:pc, gaming, music, dance,

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hi all just need advice on what to do about blue screens.
    i brought the windows boot disk and it has come up but the thing is i dont no what to do next.
    i have a blue screen which i have done a test on and the test failed on the confidence test i tryed to reboot the pc and wont let me
    there is so many options on the cd screen and dont no what to press any 1 help please it be greatful thanks x heatherbabes

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

I need to address a possible legal issue based on what you said.

UBCD4Win is not bootable when you purchase it... it requires that you build a bootable disk from your Windows disk files that you own. If you purchased a disk that was already bootable, and it is a UBCD4Win disk... then it is an illegal copy and you may also be in violation of Microsoft license agreements if you use it since it wasn't created from your own copy of the Windows CD.

If it was a misunderstanding and you did create your own disk from the Windows disks you own... ok... otherwise we can't help you here.

Saying you had a blue screen tells us nothing. The BSOD ( blue screen ) is an error screen with codes that help point you in the direction of the problem... but without that information we can't tell you what direction you need to look into.

You need to say what you believe happened to cause the problem. What version of Windows you are experiencing the problem on. As well as the exact error message's you are being shown are. The more information you provide, the more likely you can be given the proper directions to take... without that information it is useless.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   heatherbabes Icon

• Pip
        • Interests:pc, gaming, music, dance,

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

the cd is brand new and it is not bootable, i brought the disk to go through it to see how i can fix me pc and its confusing lol.
        when i start me pc up the blue screen comes up that says:
        stop unmountable_boot_volume
        i have been through the information that dell gave me and also what the blue screen says press f8 and press safe mode but every time i do this then it goes back on to the blue screen.
        i did run some tests off the pc by pressing f12 and i pressed the blue screen to see if it passes or not and the only thing that did not pass is:
        error code 0f00:0244
        block: 6409265
        ide disk S/N = Y46POXOE
        CONFIDENCE TEST FAILED
        but i dont no how get rid of the blue screen and i can not get in to my windows to do any thing i pressed f8 pressed Safe mode and nothing happens, been through alot of things and nothing happens so i went to pc world to see what they can reccomend and they said the windows xp disk but i got a cd that is the ultimate boot cd for windows and i just dont have a clue lol

the blue screens at the bottom of the screen says STOP: 0x000000ED (Ox8135D528, 0XC0000006, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

This post has been edited by heatherbabes: 15 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

#4 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
        • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hi Heatherbabes

some Dell PC's have disk diagnostics in the BIOS ROM others on a hidden diagnostic partition (F12 to access)
          If either says your hard disk is faulty it will need replacing.
          If a critical file is not readable Windows will not start up
          Hence BSOD

How old is your PC ?
          Is it still under waranty from Dell ?
          Hard disks are cheap but there is a lot of time needed to re install Windows & other programs

If you had a ubcd4win CD you could use it to rescue any important files

regards
          Mike Barnes

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

I would like to mention also that with a program like Acronis True Image or Ghost, you may be able to recover.
            However the steps to get to that point may be a little difficult? I do this procedure a lot at work. It's not that hard but you have to know what you are doing.

I have a few copies of Acronis that I will be putting up on the Burrows Solutions site soon if you would possibly be interested. The only other thing you would need is a new hard drive. I don't plan on selling those on my site but I could.
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#6 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

Ok.. To create a bootable UBCD4Win disk so you can use the included utilities may be new to you, but it isn't really rocket science. Knowing what to do with after that does require some experience though. To build a bootable disk you will need access to another computer ( since you can't build it on yours now ), your actual Windows CD that came with your computer and to follow the instructions found on this page http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm ... You may also need to know how to slipstream a service pack and that is covered on this page http://www.ubcd4win.com/slipstream.htm

The BSOD error you have ... stop unmountable_boot_volume ... means the partition your system uses to boot from is corrupted. If it is a software error, it may be repairable... if its caused by a hardware failure it isn't repairable and at most you will be lucky to recover any of your data it contains.

The error you were given on the other diagnostics you ran seem to indicate it is a hardware error but you really can't tell at this point for certain.

If you do create a bootable CD... run the disk diagnostics that are included with it. WD Diag can help test and in many cases fix software errors. Using it may help you determine if the hardware is ok or still suspect. Running the CheckDisk test on it and selecting the 3 option may help you recover access to the corrupted volume ( the volume is your C drive ) and perhaps copy any critical files you may need if they were not messed up.

At this point, it is best to assume the drive is bad even if it isn't. By assuming the worst you will be better prepared in the event that you get lucky and can recover data. If you do not and the drive really is bad, you may miss your one chance to recover any data. If it turns out to not be a bad drive, that makes it even better then and you may actually be able to boot back into your Windows when finished.
              Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#7 User is offline   cdob Icon

• Special Guest
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

View Postheatherbabes, on 15 August 2009 - 06:23 PM, said:

the only thing that did not pass is:
                error code 0f00:0244
                block: 6409265
                ide disk S/N = Y46POXOE
                CONFIDENCE TEST FAILED

Your hard disk is broken. Replace the broken hardware.

the blue screens at the bottom of the screen says STOP: 0x000000ED (Ox8135D528, 0XC0000006, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

That's the result because of broken hardware.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users