UBCD4Win Forums: Trouble Building The Ubcd4Win Cd - UBCD4Win Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble Building The Ubcd4Win Cd AntiVir & Kaspersky not working!

#16 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

Topic merged with the original on this same subject... Do not start multiple threads about the same issue...
    Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#17 User is offline   SPfix Icon

• Pip
      • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

To me, Its not a Ram isuue, I think either your service pack or Ubcd file might have been some how corrupted, Start to make another CD (possibly on another non infected machine with nothing else running during the downloads/installation of all the files) with a fresh SP2 OR SP3 file and also download and install a fresh UBCD file. if you can try also another XP cd if you havent already tried that.. also if you use an RW cd try to get a regular CD, what else? umm.. if all that doesnt work try one plug in at the time, in this case one CD containing Avira and other CD with kaspersky umm what else else?? umm yeah if again all that doesnt work, try to downgrade ubcd, see if you can use an older version to make a CD with.. thats all I can think of for now, let me know how it goes. :)

This post has been edited by rdsok: 08 September 2009 - 09:29 PM
      Reason for edit:: Removed unneeded quote

#18 User is offline   cap2587 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

Sorry for the vague description on the Kaspersky error. I must admit I am very frustrated that my UBCD4WIN Build is not working. Seems like there is many more great plug-ins, but it has become harder to successfully build the CD. This is where I am at: I figured out how to configure/enable kaspersky through some other post I read. However, when I go to start the program in the CD it says redundancy error. For the life of me I can't figure out why Anti-Vir is not working either. I press on the icon and go to the program through the start program and you hear it load, but doesn't come up. I have been fitting my build onto a CD instead of DVD by disabling some plug ins I don't need. Could the lack of space on a CD once I burn it have anything to do with these programs not working. The systems I have been building and using the CD on have 2GB of RAM. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#19 User is offline   cap2587 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

SPFix, Thanks for your tips. I actually read your post after writing my last. I will try your suggestions. I have tried different copies of XP, different computer's. I need to try again without using a rewritable CD. The only reason I have been doing that is that I have failed so may times. Where do I find a previous build of UBCD4WIN and would this have all of the plugins available? I am going to rule out a RAM issue as I have done successful builds on the same PC. I don't think it's my copy of XP as I have tried one with SP2& SP3 and there hasn't been any errors. My problem seems as though it has more to do with using the CD and accessing the plug ins. Thanks

#20 User is offline   GWiles Icon

• Pip

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

I cannot get UBCD to BUILD an ISO file. I get 2 errors:

Error: loadKey() failed:

and

Error: closeHive() failed: RegUnLoadKey (key="PEBuilder.exe-C:/UBCD4WIN/BRILEE/I386/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/petmphive") returned error 0: Access is denied.

as well as:

Error: DeleteFile() "C:\UBCD4WIN\BRILEE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\petmphive" failed
            Error: DeleteFile() "C:\UBCD4WIN\BRILEE\I386\SYSTEM32\setuphiv" failed

Once I get to this point and it DOESN'T make the ISO file, I have to reboot to be able to wipe the temp build folder out and start over. I'm use Vista Home on a LT w/2Gb's RAM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Garry

#21 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

GWiles... do not try to hijack cap2587's help thread... start your own thread... or better yet, use the forum search for answers that already exist
              Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#22 User is offline   cap2587 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Still trying to get AntiVir to work. I click on the icon or go through start menu and here the CD spinning, but nothing comes up. Any more suggestions. Thanks for staying with me on this topic.

#23 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

Try booting your iso image in a virtual machine. Does it work then? Make sure you allocate enough ram (512?) as stated in previous posts.
                  If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#24 User is offline   cap2587 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

How do I allocate more RAM. Is that separate than the RAM I am using on my computer? How do make certain the ram drive size is large enough for the files? Why does it open every program except AntiVir? Thanks

#25 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:31 PM

You are the one that will have to find out the actual cause... we can only make suggestions based on others issues that were seen in the past... your issue has never been reported as you have described it.

When pcuser stated to test in a Virtual Machine was what he was stating to set the available memory for the VM to use... use at least 512Mb in a VM...

The situation ( a program not running like you mentioned ) is normally caused when the ram drive does not have enough space to copy and run the files from. You said the ram drive was 100Mb ... each time you run a program from the ram drive and have finished with it... you must empty the ram drive in order to have enough room to run another.

So.. check the size of the ram drive to ensure it is 100Mb ... if so test Antivir first before any other program. If the problem remains, then it will be up to you to find out what is happening... remember this is working for others just fine and we are not there to verify what you are telling us is actuallly true or not .... or that you are running it properly ( from the menu etc )

#26 User is offline   cap2587 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

rdsok,

Thanks for all your help. I know my issue seems strange, but believe me that what I tell you is the truth. AS soon as my UBCD4WIN CD has loaded the 1st thing I do is try to open Anti-Vir and it just won't open. I thought you only had to clear the RAM drive after you have used another program. I have tried all of your suggestions, without any luck. I will try to load the CD in VM and allocate the right amount of RAM. If this fails then I will keep trying to solve the problem on my own.

#27 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

I will try to load the CD in VM and allocate the right amount of RAM. If this fails then I will keep trying to solve the problem on my own.

That's not at all what rdsok meant. We can help by providing instructions on how to troubleshoot your issue but we can't tell you how to fix it since we can't reproduce the problem so report what you find and we'll go to the next step.
                          If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#28 User is offline   MarktheC Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:38 AM

I am also getting the Avira problem described by the OP.

AntiVir 9.0.0.16

Click the icon and disk copying happens, but it doesn't start. Avira CONFIGured before build.
                            Running the AntiVir.cmd file manually shows the following error message in the console (in response to the net start "Avira AntiVir Scheduler" command):

System error 14001 has occurred.

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

The system cannot execute the specified program.
                            The Avira AntiVir Scheduler service is not started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

Running any of the copied EXE files in B:\AntiVir shows a dialog with message:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I have 4GB RAM and B: RAM drive is auto configed 100MB. After the AntiVir copy, there is 55MB used and 45MB free on B:
                            I have not yet tried increasing the B: RAM disk size.

Is the hbedv.key file still valid?, or 9.0.0.16 needs some registry setup so it thinks that it is installed properly?

This post has been edited by MarktheC: 13 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

#29 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
                            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hi MarktheC

I have been experimenting with the Avira AntiVirus plugin and also what plugins can be disabled to save space on the ISO/CD
                              Avira AV relies on another plugin Addon: Visual C++ 2008 Runtime Plug-In
                              without the DLL's supplied by Visual C++ runtime the AV programs will not run and give the same error messages that you got

regards

Mike Barnes

#30 User is offline   jwade Icon

• Pip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

View Postmbarnes, on 20 December 2009 - 04:15 PM, said:

Avira AV relies on another plugin Addon: Visual C++ 2008 Runtime Plug-In

I was getting this same error, and after enabling the Visual C++ 2008 Addon, I was able to run Avira without errors!

Thank you Mike!

~ j.

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users