Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reverse Phone Number Lookup Reverse Phone Number Lookup

#1 User is offline   JamesIEvans Icon

• PipPipPip
    • Group: BETA Tester

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

There are various web sites that will do a reverse phone number lookup for you and give the name and address of the person.

I have a list of names and phone numbers that I would like to upload and then get back the addresses in a format for importing into an address book.

I know I can do it one at a time and use cut and paste, but I would like to automate it some how.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

Unless the website you are going to use has the option to create an export file... I suspect your only options will be to do this manually...

Consider these points...

Each type of address book has different file formats and can only import certain formats. Most will allow importing a CSV text file but typically these will need to be formated in a certain manner/order still.

Since the websites that I have seen used different webpage layouts... it makes creating your own util more problematic. Each method would have to take into account the page layout for each website and as soon as they change or update their layouts, the method would need to be updated to support the change.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
      • PipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

I use sites (mostly whitepages) with reverse lookup quite often for work but many times the information is outdated or just incorrect (Wrong number or misspelled names of roads and towns, zip codes etc.). Keep that in mind and double check if your planning on sending anything to that person. I often have to do property searches to find the correct address, especially if the person lives in a new home/development. When it comes to new roads/streets etc. most web sites and mapping programs are at least 1 to 3 years behind and very often as 911/emergency updates roll out the names of some will change.

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users