UBCD4Win Forums: Add My Own Files And Folders To The Boot Disc - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Add My Own Files And Folders To The Boot Disc How to add extra files to the disc

#1 User is offline   Zoandar Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

I looked in the FAQ, but didn't really find a pertinent answer, so I'd like to know if I could make this disc on a DVD, instead of a CD, and leave it un-finalized, so I can add files to it if I think of something later that I'd like to have available, without having to burn a new disc?

On idea that comes to mind is the ability to have a drive image file directly on the disc, so I can restore my PC to some point in time when I made the image. However, many C drive images today with Windows XP won't fit on a single disc. So my next question is this: Is there a way I can switch discs while UBCD4WIn is running on the PC, or does removing the disc it booted with stop the utility from running? I am dealing with a notebook in this issue, and it has only one optical drive.

Thanks!

Zoandar

#2 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:31 AM

You can't add to the cd once you've burned the iso. Read THIS thread for information about booting UBCD4Win directly from ram:
      If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#3 User is offline   Zoandar Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:08 AM

View Postpcuser, on 23 September 2009 - 12:31 AM, said:

<br />You can't add to the cd once you've burned the iso.  Read <a href='http://www.ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13764&amp;view=getnewpost&amp;hl=&amp;fromsearch=1' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>THIS</a> thread for information about booting UBCD4Win directly from ram:<br />
        <br /><br /><br />

But you can add extra files before you burn the ISO? Where do you put the files so that burning the ISO will put them on the disk?

Thanks!

Zoandar

#4 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Admin

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

You can add files to the BartPE folder before you create the ISO... but not to the ISO unless you have a util that can do that ( such as UltraISO or other )...

Please note that just adding files to the build will not alter or change the registry for the build nor will it change the menu items that are available. In otherwords... adding simple files or simple programs can be done but adding complex programs can not be done without creating a plugin so it can be added properly.
          Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users