Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Automating Tasks In Ubcd

#1 User is offline   automateit Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Is there any way to automate programs on UBCD? I'd like to be able to run several of the antivirus/spyware removal programs in sequence, automatically, preferably with definition updates being performed automatically as well? I know there are ways to automate SpyBot using switches, but I'm also interested in automating programs that may or may not work with switches. I'm not sure if it's possible, but if certain programs don't run with switches, is it possible to run programs on UBCD using automation programs/scripts, such as AutoMate or AutoIT?

In a perfect world, this is what I'd like to have automatically happen upon booting with the UBCD:

1. Automatically setup networking and assign an IP address using DHCP.
    2. Automatically run the following programs, after updating their definitions online:
    • EzPCfix
    • CCleaner
    • Avira Antivir (though, not on the UBCD now)
    • Kaspersky
    • Malwarebytes
    • SuperAntiSpyware
    • SpyBot
    • SpyNoMore
    • Retina-X

3. It would be nice to have a log of each program run as well, but I'm sure most of you are already chuckling enough at my previous automation request so I won't add insult to injury. Simply being able to automate most of this would be a great asset.

Thanks in advance for any input.

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

I'll pass on providing suggestions for the direction asked about and let others cover those ... these are outside the direction being taken with UBCD4Win and we certainly have enough on our plates already than to handle such customizing questions... but...

Note.... to avoid confusion on what you are refering too..

UBCD - is a DOS based boot CD with utils to repair / recover computers

UBCD4Win - is a Windows based boot CD to also repair / recover computers and also can include UBCD with it...

So when talking about UBCD4Win please don't call it UBCD since that is another project
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

Have you really thought this through? How do you want to "automate" EzPcFix?
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#4 User is offline   automateit Icon

• Pip

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

View Postpcuser, on 27 September 2009 - 10:18 PM, said:

Have you really thought this through? How do you want to "automate" EzPcFix?
          TBO, no, I haven't really thought it all through. It was just an idea. I really wouldnt' need to run EzPcFix, maybe just CCleaner and the antivirus/antispyware programs. I work in a computer repair shop and was just trying to alleviate some of the redundant work involved with removing spyware. Some automation would be great. If you guys can offer any advice, be it with batch commands or a automateit type script that could be loaded into UBCD4Win (sorry for that error before!).

Thanks again!

#5 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

You are probably aware of the AutoIt scripting project. I have no experience with this, but I have been looking at it for other purposes. I think some Winbuilder projects include this as part of the project. You can actually build a GUI with AutoIt.

"AutoIt is a freeware Windows automation language. It can be used to script most simple Windows-based tasks (great for PC rollouts or home automation)."

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

Good luck! If you learn something, then please share it. You would need to spend some time learning this from the ground up.

Cheers

#6 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

I wasn't trying to discount your idea, I was just wondering if you'd already thought about what you would try automating in EzPcFix. I'm the author of it and have been working on a new version lately and suggestions/requests are welcome. Before you ask about automating the task of deleting temp files, it's already done. It now can read an ini file to decide what should be deleted, it can also look in alot more places (Vista/7, Firefox, Netscape, etc...) and can be ran automatically from the commandline or a batch file.
              If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users