• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Combofix

#1 User is offline   west Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys,

I been recently having problem with the cleanup tools not showing up when boot from UBCD4win.... I try reinstalling UBCD software and even enable and re-enable the plugin but still doesn't work while everything else work fine. Also kind of a mix topic, but if I was to buy the Original UBCD would it have everything and also how does the update work on the original one and windows files is it included.... Anyhow let me know thanks.

West

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

There are several utils that are included that are meant to only be run from your Windows installation and not in UBCD4Win... the Cleanup tools are one set of them as is CCleaner, HiJackThis and a couple of others.

To enable the multiboot UBCD plugin... you must click the Config button as it clearly says on the plugin. The only reason that wouldn't work, the script could be blocked by your firewall, they moved the UBCD.ISO file or have updated UBCD and we were not aware of it...
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

You can find comments about Combofix at places like www.bleepingcomputers.com. There are people there that will help you if you join (free) and post a message in the "Am I infected" forum.

There are also warnings about using Combofix without help from an expert. This is an awsome program, but there are other steps you need to follow along with Combofix. I used Combofix without any help at one point, and it does work. You have to determine your level of comfort taking risks. You need a backup of data, and a plan for restoration should anything go wrong. Be careful, and have fun!!

#4 User is offline   west Icon

• Pip

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

Ah, I see what going on here the cleanup tools shows only when in the system I see... That kind of defeat the purpose if the system can not boot to the system...Since I always use a thumbdrive usually to run some of my software. Also turbine_blade don't worry about that details it not going to harm your system, it helps your system more than it harms it since I been using combofix since it came out lol. It's a awesome tool if I could promote it since it a few tool that easy to use and cleans very good which other antivirus or tools can not detect. Anyhow my answer is answer thanks. Still don't know why someone will buy the original UBCD over a custom one(UBCD4win)....

#5 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:10 PM

Still don't know why someone will buy the original UBCD over a custom one(UBCD4win)....

Both are freeware, so why would anyone pay money for either one?

Both are also offered as an ordered Cd for those who cannot download large files such as dialup users, but these days most people can just download directly from the main sites.
            Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#6 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Admin

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

View Postwest, on 03 October 2009 - 03:49 PM, said:

That kind of defeat the purpose if the system can not boot to the system...

No it defeats nothing but your misconception of the utility and what it requires to be effective. Just because a utility can only be used from with the Windows system itself doesn't mean it shouldn't be included either. Packaging utils for use in both Windows and with UBCD4Win makes perfect sense for a repair/recovery disk... so don't let your misunderstandings cloud your judgment or cause you to make rash statements.
              Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users