Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inf Line Invalid - Ubcd Fails

#1 User is offline   Salviati Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:33 AM

Sorry if something like this has been posted before - I really suck with the forum search here for some reason.

In any case, I'm in no rush, I just thought I would add this to my toolbox for the future.

I have one problem, one question and one note:

Problem - Updated AntiVirus and AntiSpyware, created ISO, burned - utilities work but, but attempting to load the ultimate boot cd for windows yields:
    "Line 16660 of the INF file \I386\txtsetup.sif is invalid. Setup cannot continue."
    I compiled the Disc from an OEM Windows XP with SP2. I tried to compile again making no changes and the same error occurred.

Any help on this?

Question - Let's say I want to compile another version of the ISO but with different utilities updated than ones I have already updated - do I need to uninstall then reinstall the UBCD4Win package? The latter may seem pointless; however...

Note - As a base, changing nothing, the compiled Disc is 695MB - updating just Super AntiSpyware and Avast - I was at 701MB. I guess this is by design...? That doesn't leave a lot of room - seems like the Disc could easily become too big for a single CD... I guess the assumption is end-users should be enabling/disabling to their preference? My thought, when it comes to an all-around like this is to have as many tools at my disposal as possible... but I suppose that's just me.

Thanks for any help and I appreciate the work I'm sure went into this and continues to be put into it.

#2 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

Have you read this http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#dell It talks about Dell but is applicable to OEM CDs in general. Hvae you added any hot fixes to the source files?
      Tom K.

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users