UBCD4Win Forums: Avg, Norton And Other Antivirus Programs - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Avg, Norton And Other Antivirus Programs How to add AVG, Norton and other Antivirus Programs

#1 User is offline   mrwebman Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:03 AM

Forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times but I could not find anything with "AVG" in it here in the forum search engine.

My question is how can we add the commercial versions of AVG Antivirus, Norton Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus, etc to UBCD4WIN ?

It would be nice to make the free version of AVG Antivirus work but I'd settle for paying for and installing the above commercial versions if possible.

I know that size is a problem because the CD is right at the limit but I'm sure I could remove enough of the other programs to make them fit.

Could all of them be put on the CD at the same time? ie, conflicts, etc.

Thanks.
    :)

#2 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

Hi mrwebman

the forum search does not work well on 3 characters eg AVG but at google search 'avg site:www.ubcd4win.com' should work

you will find reports that current versions of AVG have design problems which make building a working a BartPE / ubcd4win version very dificult

The original version of Bart's PEBuilder comes with Norton and MCAfee AV plugins which can be modified to work with ubcd4win

The Norton plugin requires AV program files from a old Norton System Works (2004 ??) CD + the virus definition files in symcdefsi32.exe (hard to find) or the updates for old versions (upto 2007) of NAV such as 20091028-004-i32.exe
      The self extracting archive needs to be unziped and the definition file virscan.zip renamed symcdefsi32.exe

The McAfee scangui plugin requires a SuperDat virus definition file (sdat576.exe)

There is a Trend Micro sysclean plugin in the downloads section
      The current version has a problem that the log file contains the full path to every file scanned which quickly fills up the ramdrive and crashes so would need to run on hard disk of PC being scanned

You will need to remove a lot of other AV plugins to make space to fit in 700MB or burn the iso to a DVD using ImgBurn

regards
      Mike Barnes

#3 User is offline   Lord Necron Icon

• PipPip

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

View Postmbarnes, on 29 October 2009 - 05:27 PM, said:

you will find reports that current versions of AVG have design problems which make building a working a BartPE / ubcd4win version very dificult
        AVG 9 is out now... anyone know if this has changed? (Not holding my breath.)
        Posted Image
        Posted Image
        Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users