• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slip Streaming adding programs

#1 User is offline   canada eh Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hi.
    Is there a way of adding a program to the plugins or elsewhere on the UBCD4 disk when creating the .iso file. What I am getting at is as far as I can tell slipstreaming is a way of adding a service pack to the origional Windows Cd when adding or mixing it with UBCD4. I would like to add another program onto the same disk (HDD Unlock)so as to have access to that program when running UBCD4. I know that there are other password programs on the disk already but they do not unlock a hard drive that has been password locked. I cannot access the computer past the BIOS without a boot CD like UBCD or the original OS cd, and they do not give me the option to run another unrelated program. It would be nice to be able to add a subdirectory or incorporate a program into this program.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have been unable to assess my laptop since my X put a password on my HDD and will not give it to me.

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

If a user knows what they are doing, they could create a new plugin and add it to the UBCD4Win build... read the help files included for the basics and look at the included plugins for examples.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   canada eh Icon

• Pip

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

First let me say "I have no idea what I am doing not a clue whatsoever !!! Here is what I did. 1st.. I read all the help files that I could. It might as well have been in Greek for all that I understood. 2nd I installed the Program "HddUnlock into the UBCD4Win/plugin/password folder then I placed all the HddUnlock files that were installed in a new folder called files eg..UBCD4Win/plugin/password/HddUnlock/Files and also copied the same files to the UBCD4Win/Programs/HddUnlock folder. 3rd I Copied the .ini and the .xml files from the UBCD4Win/plugin/password/cmos folder to the UBCD4Win/plugin/password/HddUnlock folder renaming them accordingly. 4th I then changed all references in the new .ini file from cmos to HddUnlock. I am now trying to get the .xml file changed to reflect the changes but am having a heck of a time trying to edit the .cmd references and figure out what they mean or where they are directed. Does anyone know if I am on the right track or gone off somewhere in never never land??

#4 User is offline   bengt Icon

• Skeptic
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

#5 User is offline   canada eh Icon

• Pip

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hey,
            You got it. That is exactly what I am trying to do. I just have to figure out how. Installing into the password directory did not work as the program HddUnlock was still not showing when I burned another iso disk. I also tried to run it from a network share but that did not work either. I also tried to download the program from the internet but alas had the same results. So i'm back at the drawing board or computer as it may.

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users