Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Usb Attached Drive Support

#1 User is offline   jmlynn Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hi, I am new to UBCD4Win and haven't build and test one yet. Just wonder if it support USB Attached drive, so I can recover crashed data from the C: drive directly to a USB drive. I am currently using Hiren's BootCD, which I can recover files to network attached storage but didn't find a way to "mount" or self detect an USB attached drive.

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

#2 User is offline   bengt Icon

• Skeptic
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

View Postjmlynn, on 13 November 2009 - 03:11 PM, said:

Hi, I am new to UBCD4Win and haven't build and test one yet. Just wonder if it support USB Attached drive, so I can recover crashed data from the C: drive directly to a USB drive. I am currently using Hiren's BootCD, which I can recover files to network attached storage but didn't find a way to "mount" or self detect an USB attached drive.

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

This is a no-no... :angry:

#3 User is offline   jmlynn Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

View Postbengt, on 13 November 2009 - 10:17 AM, said:

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

#4 User is offline   jmlynn Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

You reply "This is a no-no", meant for no USB support or meant for the "unholy" name that I mentioned? I was just trying to rescue a sick machine, I am not asking for the Hiren's Boot CD support, I am simply asking if the UBCD has USB support so I can switch over. No need to get angry.

Jeff

View Postbengt, on 13 November 2009 - 10:17 AM, said:

Thanks for any info.

Jeff

#5 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

Well it's pretty simple... Hiren's BootCD is WAREZ and we do not take it lightly on this forum....

UBCD4Win does support USB devices but there are cases that odd hardware can cause them not to be assigned a drive letter, that is the exception and not a rule.

Note.... to avoid confusion on what you are refering too..

UBCD - is a DOS based boot CD with utils to repair / recover computers

UBCD4Win - is a Windows based boot CD to also repair / recover computers and also can include UBCD with it...

So when talking about UBCD4Win please don't call it UBCD since that is another project
            Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#6 User is offline   adwsystems Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

View Postrdsok, on 13 November 2009 - 08:20 PM, said:

Well it's pretty simple... Hiren's BootCD is WAREZ and we do not take it lightly on this forum....

UBCD4Win does support USB devices but there are cases that odd hardware can cause them not to be assigned a drive letter, that is the exception and not a rule.

Note.... to avoid confusion on what you are refering too..

UBCD - is a DOS based boot CD with utils to repair / recover computers

UBCD4Win - is a Windows based boot CD to also repair / recover computers and also can include UBCD with it...

So when talking about UBCD4Win please don't call it UBCD since that is another project

WAREZ?

#7 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Admin

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

warez - copyrighted software that is illegally distributed without permission from the owner/author of the software... aka pirated software
                Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users