Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ubcd4Win Raid Drivers Loading UBCD4 with raid drivers for a dell desktop

#1 User is offline   cyberacat Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

I am trying to find a way to a system restore on a dell desktop with RAID1 (mirror). I did a build and I must say I am impressed with UBCD4 but it still doesn't allow me to connect to the raid array in this dell box. I am obviously a novice when it comes to UBCD4 but also I admit to RAID configurations. I have tried the traditional ways of restoring the file through the Recovery Console which is denying me access. I ran malwarebytes on the machine and evidently didn't notice that it was going to remove the \windows\system32\config\system file (missing or corrupted is the error i get) So if anyone can give me some idea how to fix this without having to completely re-install the operating system i would appreciate it. (Windows XPsp2 is the version, not sure but i think it's home version)

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

The issue \windows\system32\config\system file missing or corrupt was not caused by Malwarebytes... either a file/disk corruption happened or perhaps malware caused it but MBAM wouldn't have removed that file.

UBCD4Win, arguably,has the most complete set of drivers included with it to help in this type of situation. They were developed by the Driverpacks.net development team which represents the most complete set of drivers available anywhere... but still it is limited to what has already been or can be included so it can't have every single driver since new ones are developed all of the time.

So in situations like this the user needs to add the proper drivers for their system and disable the included drivers so no conflicts will mess you up and overwrite the drivers you supply. We also strongly recommend that the user report the issue in the Driverpacks.net forum so that other users will not have to worry about it later as they develop new driverpacks.

First you must locate the proper drivers for your system or its motherboard. Go to the manufacturers or motherboard's website and download the XP ( or Win2k3 drivers if that is the source files you are building from ) Floppy/F6 drivers. These are the same drivers that a user would use when installing XP ( or Win2k3 ) so should be easy to locate.

Next you need to create a folder for them. In the [UBCD4Win]\drivers folder create a folder named SCSIAdapter and in that folder another for your drivers called MyDriver... the path should be [UBCD4Win]\drivers\SCSIAdapter\MyDriver. Then extract the drivers you downloaded into that folder.

Next in the UBCD4WinBuilder go into the Plugins area and disable the "# DriverPacks.net - MassStorage" plugin so you don't get a conflict with these drivers. Rebuild the project and create a new disk and test.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

The issue \windows\system32\config\system file missing or corrupt was not caused by Malwarebytes... either a file/disk corruption happened or perhaps malware caused it but MBAM wouldn't have removed that file.

It's not only that MBAM "wouldn't" have removed it, it simply can't. The system hive is loaded very early in the boot process and only a couple of files are loaded before it. This doesn't make it impossible but the fact that MBAM is coded in VB6 means that it would be impossible since VB6 is managed code and only native code can run at that time.
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users