Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Build Cd With A Dell Operating System Disc

#1 User is offline   Dae480 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

Hi, In short my computer is screwed. We have the super killer version of the security tool virus. I've tried everything I could think of. I stopped the virus from running in the task manager, deleted the files I could find. Then the computer got stuck in safe mode and I didn't have a boot disk so I got one from dell. Everything logical I tried to edit the boot.ini file failed even in the recovery console. So, I was going to do that thing where you reinstall but don't lose your files and programs and it can't finish it because the computer is stuck in safe mode. The even bigger problem is now I can't even get far enough into the recovery console or reinstallation process before the computer gives me the blue screen of death. So, I tried to build the ultimate boot cd on my work computer (a toshiba running windows xp professional)with the dell os cd and I got a warning and 4 errors, so it didn't write. My question is how do I build the cd if the os cd won't work? My home computer is running windows xp home edition sp2.
    Walk tall and carry a big stick!

#2 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

Have you read http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#dell. It explains how to overcome the issues with Dell CD's.
      Tom K.

#3 User is offline   Dae480 Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

No I had not seen that, but I'm going to check it out now. Thanks so much for your help.
        Walk tall and carry a big stick!

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users