• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Online Virus Scan Suggetsions?

#1 User is offline   Alonzo Mosley Icon

• PipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

Just built 3.5 DVD last night...

Facing a BSOD issue, which says Run Checkdisk and Run Virus Check as part of message (which is nice, of course, because you can't do either unless you build a disc like this!)

Anyhow, I'd like to run a "current" virus scan - it seems Kaspersky is offline currently. Tried Bitdefender's online scanner, but it needs a current version of Flash... Which I can't figure out how to pull off! It wants to automatically install it to Drive X - which is the UBCD/DVD.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Either on how to accommodate Flash or another "live" online scanner?

Thanks!

(If there's another post that answers this - shoot me a link please. I'm not having an easy time searching through posts using the UB shell! Thanks)

This post has been edited by Alonzo Mosley: 20 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

An online scan is not the way to scan within UBCD4Win for a number of reasons... the main one is that you won't be loading the host system's registry. Use the included antispyware/antivirus scanners and update them before you build the disk. If you have disk size issues, not unusual with the size of the updates needed for the included AV/AS's, then disable other utils that you won't be needing during the cleanup process.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users