Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Change Boot Sequence In Win Xp

#1 User is offline   bmrlvigil Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:18 AM

I am unable to change the sequence for booting up. Has something to do with the "Security" password. It (PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility) won't let me make any changes....

Please help

B

#2 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

Bios security settings have nothing to do with the installed operating system.

If you cannot figure out the password, and your not trying to do this on a laptop, you should be able to remove the cover and short the cmos jumper to reset the password. Removing the battery might have the same effect if you cannot locate the cmos jumper.

Find the manual for your motherboard or search online for instructions on resetting the cmos password for your mainboard.
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#3 User is offline   bmrlvigil Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

View Posthilander999, on 21 November 2009 - 09:13 AM, said:

Bios security settings have nothing to do with the installed operating system.

If you cannot figure out the password, and your not trying to do this on a laptop, you should be able to remove the cover and short the cmos jumper to reset the password. Removing the battery might have the same effect if you cannot locate the cmos jumper.

Find the manual for your motherboard or search online for instructions on resetting the cmos password for your mainboard.

I am working with a Toughbook CF-30. I am now trying to locate the cmos battery but am still having problems...

Thank you for your help

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users